React Hooks Video Player 
- Basic Coding knowledge
- Basic CSS knowledge
Updated july 2019!
PLEASE NOTE! This course is deprecated and is now free. There's still some solid learning with React and hooks in it but I won't support it anymore.
Are you a developer and want to learn about the new React Hooks and Styled Components? Do you want a project oriented real world example? Do you like quick learning and straight down to the point? Then this is the course for you!
Guaranteed no "foo" and "bar" ... and no "to-do-list" app ;)
There's many great React.js courses out there but they're very huge and A LOT to grasp for beginners. My teaching style and belief is that you learn more by creating many smaller projects than one overwhelming 25 + hours course that tries to show you everything and don't focus on the fundamentals that much. So this is a 3 hour(ish) course where You'll learn how to create a Movie App from scratch based on The Movie DB API.
This is a "code along" style course that is quite fast paced. It will not go deep into hooks and styled components but will provide the basics. Therefore a great way to get started on React Hooks.
What will we do in the course?
We'll build a React Video Player where you can create a list of videos and select from the list. The Video Player can play both Vimeo and YouTube videos and will also persist state in local storage of played videos etc.
My main goal with this course is to mix fun with teaching. There's many tutorials and courses out there that are great but too complex and focus on a lot at the same time. Hope you enjoy this course as I did creating it.
MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE STARTER FILES.
In this course you'll learn:
- React Fundamentals with newly announced Hooks
- Stateless Functional Components
- JSX syntax and expressions
- Styled Components ( briefly )
- Higher Order Components (HOC)
- React Router
- Use Create-React-App
- Deploy the finished App
- ES6+ concepts and syntax
- Use Local Storage to keep state
- developers that want to learn about React Hooks and Styled Components
- Introduction and Setup07:51
- Scaffolding the App08:00
- Setting up React Router03:24
- Styled Components - Intro and Global Styling06:18
- Styled Components - Component Styling08:44
- Styled Components - Themes and completing the styles16:13
- Preparing our app for Hooks09:05
- Hooks - Pre Example07:17
- Hooks - useState and a little trick06:52
- Hooks - useEffect08:28
- Creating a HOC06:19
- Creating the callback functions for the Video12:35
- Persisting state in Local Storage05:10
- Deploy and finishing words03:27
- BONUS - useCallback with React.memo to reduce re-rendering of components06:04
Thomas is a multitalented digital native from Sweden. He has been developing webpages and web applications ever since Internet first became a phenomenon. He's been employed in several business areas such as Fintech and Advertising in different roles. Today he is a freelancer and work in both coding and design projects as he's also a skilled designer. His code and design experience range back to the C64 and Amiga era as he grew up by a computer since he was only seven years old. As he is a fullstack developer he mostly enjoys doing Front End code because it's the bridge between design and technology.