Raspberry Pi Workshop 2018 Become a Coder / Maker / Inventor
- Have a passion to learn how to use Raspberry Pi as a Maker
Welcome to the Raspberry Pi Workshop! Here you'll be able to follow along with our series that covers everything you'll need to know to get started with your Raspberry Pi and start making awesome projects. My name is Michael from Core Electronics and I'm an electronics enthusiast with particular interest in embedded electronics. As we progress through the workshops, you'll find helpful material next to each video - these could be code snippets, commands to issue, circuits to build, or links to other resources.
- Anyone who is compelled to use a Raspberry Pi for more than *just a computer*
- What is Raspberry Pi?
- Downloading and Installing NOOBS
- First Power-Up & Having a Look Around
- Introduction to the Shell
- Staying Updated
- Introduction to Python
- Connecting to the Outside World with GPIO
- Pretty Demo: Using Math and Functions
- Breathing LED Effect
- Using Hats and the Sense Hat Emulator
- File Permissions, Arguments and Your First Script
- Variables and Decision Making
- Writing a Useful Backup-Script
- Improving the Backup-Script (Using the Manual)
- Scheduling Tasks and Running at Startup
- Desktop Applications
- Introducing TkInter
- Your First GUI
- Walk-through of Other Widgets
- LED Command-Center with Text-Entry Box
- Menu Bars and Extra Windows
- Events & Bindings
- Introduction to IOT Services
- Particle Pi and IFTTT
- Pi to Pi Communications with Particle Pi
I'm Graham - the founder of Core Electronics. I have been learning, educating and making for over 15 years. Twelve of those were as an Avionics Technician in the Royal Australian Air Force, maintaining fighter jets and in deeper level maintenance workshops. A technically demanding job with broad exposure to many facets of electronics, which led to mentoring and educating others as a senior technician.
During that time (in 2007) I founded "Core Electronics" in Australia which has evolved to become a leading retailer for maker electronics and educational resource for tens of thousands of makers.
In 2016 we launched "Knowledge Factory" in Newcastle (Australia) - a space where we hold free community workshops to walk people over the hurdles with maker tech such as Arduino, 3D Printing and Raspberry Pi. Wonderful!
At every leg of my journey, I've been compelled to learn new skills and help others with their projects. We're now on Udemy and we look forward to helping so many others around the world.