Rapid Prototyping for Entrepreneurs| Build a Demo in 2 hours
What you'll learn
- Understand the benefits and correct usage of prototypes
- Understand the basic terminology of web and design speak
- Use Sprintkick's product creation framework: Sx5
- Efficiently create and articulate a strategy for your product
- Outline the scope and specifications of your potential product
- Create professional sketches of your product with just a pen and paper
- Create "sketch" wireframes with Balsamiq
- Used advanced features and export settings in Balsamiq
- Create non-sketch wireframes of your idea in Pidoco
- Use all advanced features and techniques in Pidoco
- Build a sitemap for outlining your product and communicating your project externally
- Bring reviewers and collaborators into your design process to accelerate your feedback cycle
- Take design assets and convert them into a format that Pidoco can accept
- Create a functional and interactive prototype in Pidoco
- Present your prototype in the best possible way to investors, team members, and developers
- Basic computer skills and access to the internet.
- A minimum half day's worth of time to devote to the class .
What's the difference between an entrepreneur or product manager that finds the right idea, brings stakeholders on board, and effectively communicates their vision and one that doesn't? A prototype. Yes, the ability to make prototypes can work wonders with your startup or organization. A prototype allows you to not just imagine a product, but make it real. No more spreadsheets or vague verbal descriptions. Show your users and your team exactly what you want and get taken seriously.
Whether you're a solopreneur or part of a larger organization you need to be able to effectively turn ideas into real, tangible working demos. This course is focused on giving you, the digital professional, the ability to rapidly assemble and deploy working web and mobile prototypes in just a few hours. The best part about this course is that we're going to do it without code. No programming, no technical books to study, no distractions from what you do best.
Launch your MVP for free and start getting real user feedback today.
Cut through the fundraising noise and show investors something they can understand, a real product.
Stop guessing which feature is essential to your vision. Prototype it and test it this morning and have your answers this afternoon.
Cut your contracting costs by 50% and save yourself the headaches of misunderstandings and poorly compiled project specs.
Stop bugging your developer team to make incremental changes that they don't understand. Show them exactly what you need done and keep them out of the “is it worth it" debate.
Test new features and get user feedback before you make major changes.
Get organizational approval for initiatives by letting then use the exact thing you're proposing.
Bring some life to your PSDs and make them interactive.
Bridge the gap between design and development by removing any chance for miscommunication or misunderstanding.
Get more accurate feedback from users and reviewers by deploying your designs in their browser and phones.
Cut your experiment iteration time in half and stop overloading your developer resources.
Web and marketing agencies
Get more projects approved and increase your billable hours by pitching your clients with prototypes.
Never waste time and money building something incorrectly. Prototype it and find out exactly whether you're on the right path.
Win over prospective clients by rapidly building their proposal and demo-ing it back to them. A huge advantage in the client acquisition game.
There's no course like this online. I'm going to walk you through how you can take an idea, conceptualize the requirements, and roll out a polished and professional prototype, without touching any code.
If you're trying to be successful online, do yourself a favor and learn this incredibly valuable skill.
Who this course is for:
- Entrepreneurs who want to take their game to the next level by prototyping their ideas before building.
- Any person who is non-technical and wants to develop skills that will allow them to create professional web / mobile apps.
- Project and product managers who want a more effective way of pitching new features and ideas.
- Marketers who want a more rigorous way of testing their ideas before launching them.
- Anyone who works for a web or marketing agency that wants to win more clients and have an advantage against competition.
- Anyone who wants to minimize risk and cost associated with launching their ideas.
- Anyone who aspires to be an entrepreneur but lacks the skills or the confidence.
- Anyone looking to hire, outsource, or contract a developer / designer but wants a more accurate estimate and lower price.
Hi, I'm Evan Kimbrell. Thanks for checking out my course.
**My courses have been featured in Forbes, CNN, Entrepreneur Magazine, BusinessInsider, BuzzFeed, Mashable, TheNextWeb, The Daily Beast, & Techcrunch**
Currently, I'm the Founder and Director of Sprintkick, a full-service, referral-only digital agency based out of San Francisco. Over the past four years I've overseen the development and launch of over 100 web and mobile apps. Clients range from two-man bootstrapping startups to multibillion dollar Fortune 100s like Wal-Mart, Dick's Sporting Goods, and GNC.
Prior to Sprintkick I worked as a VC for a new firm called Juvo Capital, based out of L.A. I spearheaded the firm's expansion into Silicon Valley and into the Consumer Web tech category.
In the long long ago, I was a co-founder for an educational software startup called ScholarPRO that raised a ton of money and then spectacularly blew up (in the bad way). Before it exploded like the Death Star, I went through five tech incubators (yes, five): Tech Stars, Excelerate Labs, MassChallenge, Babson Venture Program, and Sparkseed.
Hope you enjoy my courses!