Ransomware Detection: Everything You Need To Know
What you'll learn
- What is Ransomware and How it Operates
- Major Types of Ransomware
- How Ransomware Propagates
- What Type of Payment is Used to Pay the Ransom
- How to Prevent Ransomware
- How to Recover Data
- History and Evolution of Ransomware
- Different Types of Detection Mechanisms
- Different Types of Case Studies
- Basic Knowledge of Computer Security
Ransomware is malicious software that encrypts files and then asks for a ransom to be paid for their return. This type of malware has been present since 2004 and became more widespread with the advent of cryptocurrencies, since they made it easier to collect anonymous and untraced payments. Millions, if not billions, of Euros have been extorted from innocent users and businesses in this way.
This course includes a definition of Ransomware such as major types, propagation, operation, payment, prevention, and recovery. It includes a list of history of Ransomware from 2002 to 2017. A list of detection mechanisms such as Sandbox Analysis, CPU Usage, I/O Behaviour, AutoRun Mechanisms, Signature-Based Analysis, and Network Traffic. It also shows a number of case studies.
Who this course is for:
- For those users who want to learn about Ransomware
- For those users who want to learn about security
Marvic Grima is born and raised in Malta who is passionate about Computer Science, including Routing, Hacking, Web, and Software Development.
He offers a selection of online courses which start from beginner to advanced level.