Parenting Skills to Raise Responsible, Mature Children
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 19 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Establish loving authority in your home
- Create conditions to open up communication and build trust
- Build an atmosphere of harmony rather than criticism, bickering, or putdowns
- Resolve disagreements and conflicts constructively and without power struggles
- Give up parenting habits that destroy self-esteem and weaken relationships
- Teach your children to assume responsibility for their feelings and actions
- Set limits and enforce discipline without being heavy-handed
- You will want to have a pdf reader program to download the worksheets as well as new worksheets which will be added to this course in the days to come.
- Become familiar with the Udemy course interface (i.e. Notes Panel, Discussion Section, etc.)
Parenting is tough and mistakes made in a moment can take years to repair. Therefore, learning the skills of effective parenting will be one of the most worthwhile ventures you ever pursue.
Roger K. Allen, PhD, has studied family relationships for many years and developed a time-tested set of tools to help parents succeed in raising responsible, emotionally mature children. Replete with examples and case studies, his time-proven course gives you concrete strategies you can immediately put into practice.
We know that good communication is at the heart of a healthy family. But so often our natural tendencies are to either over control or cave-in and overindulge our children. Either way, our children either fail to learn from their experiences or grow in emotional maturity and self-responsibility.
Dr. Allen will teach you parenting skills to establish loving authority in your home, put an end to conflict and power struggles, and communicate with your children (from toddlers to teens) in ways that solve problems, build trust, enhance self-worth, and help your children learn personal responsibility. Are you ready to start the journey?
Read what others are saying:
"In my career as a specialist providing treatment to adolescents and their families, I have seen many parenting theories, models and books but nothing which rises to the stature of this work by Dr. Allen." Michael E. Berrett, Ph.D., Psychologist, nationally known clinical teacher, and CEO of Center for Change
“You have done a masterful job and your work will be a great blessing to thousands of parents."Dr. Dennis Deaton, Award-winning Author: Ownership Spirit and Co-founder of Quma Learning Systems
Roger Allen takes a difficult subject that is close to our hearts, and in an engaging manner, inspires us to become better parents and grandparents." Hyrum Smith, Co-Founder FranklinCovey
“The results have been amazing." Janis Blake, mother, grandmother, and former school teacher
“My absolute favorite 'go -to' parenting resource. Keri Krout,Mother of 7, parent coach, early childhood educator
- This course is for parents (toddlers to teens) who need tools and skills to build happier relationships and emotionally healthy children.
- Any parent who needs new strategies for appropriately dealing with a child or teenager.
- New parents who want to raise successful, responsible children.
The purpose of this course is to help you learn principles and communication skills to create a happy and nurturing climate within your home.
Mirroring is matching a child's emotions, gestures, facial expressions, etc. to get into deep rapport and help them work through troubling emotions.
Negotiating agreements enables us to work through conflicts to solutions we can all support. The skill also helps our children learn skills in dialogue and collaboration and take ownership of their commitments.
We end up being wishy-washy and renegotiating everything if our expectations are not clear. We'll learn how to establish expectations that are both clear and understood by our children.