Raising Healthy Kids: Parents Course 2023
What you'll learn
- Learn the steps to teaching fitness and nutrition to your 3 - 10 year old children through games and activities.
- Learn about children's anatomy and physiology and how it is different from adults.
- Learn the physical, social, cognitive, and emotional development children go through as the grow.
- Learn how to safely teach exercise to children
- Learn how to create and narrate an exciting movement-based activity story that will engage 3-4 year old children’s imagination
- There are no requirements or prerequisites to take this course.
- You do not need any prior knowledge of nutrition or fitness to complete this course
Learn how to teach your kids about fitness and nutrition using fun educational movement based activities, games and more.
Raising healthy kids is no easy task. As parents, you are the key educators of your own children and teaching them about being healthy and active is no exception. You want your kids to be healthy and active, and you know it is your responsibility to ensure that they are. Movement based games and activities that combine fitness education with nutrition education are the best way to teach your kids in their early years about these topics. Learning through play will help your young children to remember the importance of keeping active and the importance of nutrition.
This course is designed to help parents teach their young children about key nutrition topics and fitness through play.
It provides information on how to create fun, engaging games and activities that will help your young children understand the importance of physical activity and nutrition, as well as how to make healthy choices.
It provides exercises and tips to help parents get their kids on their way to being healthy and active.
With the information and resources provided in this course, parents can be sure that they have giving their young children the best education on how to stay healthy and active.
This course will also teach you:
· The importance of nutrition education for children in their preschool years.
· The different stages of a young child's development.
· The differences between adult and children’s fitness.
· The importance of learning through play.
· How to build children's self esteem and confidence.
· How to create your own movement based activity story.
You will receive resource booklets and 'how to' guides with full explanations of all the activities, games and exercises you can use to teach your young children about fitness and nutrition topics.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners course for parents who want to learn how to teach their own children at home about fitness and nutrition through fun games and activities
Hi, I'm Claire, a qualified fitness coach and sport and exercise nutritionist from Northern Ireland. I hold an MSc in sport and exercise nutrition and I'm the founder of Tots 2 Teen fitness and nutrition. For the past decade, I've been teaching people of all ages about the importance of fitness and nutrition. My passion for young peoples health and wellness grew from working as a childcare practitioner. I created Tots 2 Teen fitness and nutrition to teach children about the benefits of healthy habits. My beginner courses for parents and individuals teach fitness and nutrition through movement-based activities, games, and more. As an adult who's passionate about teaching children, I take pride in my work and strive to instill in them the value of fitness and nutrition. My ultimate goal is to equip adults with the knowledge and skills to teach kids how to grow into healthy, happy, and active adults.