Fundamentals of Hindustani Classical Music
What you'll learn
- Techniques to master the Sur and Taal or melody and rhythm which are the basics of any music
- Move from complete beginner to an intermediate level or above in a short span of time.
- Learn basics of a Raag and different elements in a Hindustani Classical Concert
- Learn a variety of Bandishes and Tarana to give you enough practical applications to develop your musical skills.
- You don't need any prior knowledge or experience.
- Download free apps: 'Tanpura Droid'
- Only practice 20 mins a day to make rapid progress.
Welcome to my series on Raga Music! One of the most scientific course series available on Udemy, with techniques developed by a world renowned Hindustani Classical musician and my Guru Padma Bhushan Pt. Ajoy Chakrabarty. The techniques are easy to follow and practising them will dramatically improve your music skills!
Now ANYONE can learn Hindustani Music.
Imagine being able to sing the Ragas; and doing it in months, not years, without putting the money, time, and effort on traditional music lessons!
This course is specially designed to take complete beginners to an intermediate level faster than any other method with foundations as strong as you can get from a professional course. It is broadly structured as following -
Taming the 7 Major Notes
Mastering the Major and Minor Notes
Understanding the Rhythm
How to combine Notes and Rhythm to make Music
Simple to advanced Swara exercises
Introduction to the Ragas
This course will familiarize you with different elements of a Raga and different types of exquisite compositions in every Raga.
What is also unique is that you get started with singing right away. Instead of discussing theories endlessly, we will learn different concepts with practical examples. This is to ensure that you understand all the aspects better and develop the required skills faster.
You will also get downloadable PDF content with clear depictions of Sur, Taal and the Bol of the Bandishes.
You just need to be a music lover or enthusiast to take up this journey of Hindustani Classical Music.
Eager to meet you in the course! :)
Who this course is for:
- Suitable for all ages (Not recommended for children)
- Perfect for anyone who wants to start learning Hindustani Classical Music and wants to install a strong foundation.
- This course is also for students who are already learning Indian Classical Music as the concepts shared have a proven scientific approach.
- Perfect for people who want to understand the different elements of a Hindustani Classical Recital
A musician who just loves to sing.
I have been singing since I was 3 years old. I was fortunate enough to receive formal music training since I was 5 years of age. I enjoyed singing and performing at various platforms like TV shows, All India Radio etc. I won the State Level Award conducted by Uttar Pradesh Sangeet Natak Academy and National Scholarship conferred by CCRT, New Delhi and many other. I passed Visharad – 1st Division from Bhatkhande Sangeet Natak Academy, India. I have also been a faculty of Hindustani Classical Music at Isha Home School in Coimbatore.
I continue to teach, perform and research further in music under the blessings and guidance of my Guru Pt. Ajoy Chakraborty of the Patiala Gharana, who is the recipient of several prestigious awards like the Padmashree, Padma Bhushan, Kumar Gandharva and Sangeet Natak Academy award.