Radical Acceptance with Tara Brach
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- See through and move beyond the habitual perception of unworthiness
- Reconnect with who you really are and what it means to live fully
- Navigate painful situations with both courage and kindness
- There is no prerequisite to taking this course.
One of the most painful and pervasive forms of suffering in our culture is the belief that “something is wrong with me.” For many of us, feelings of deficiency are right around the corner. It doesn’t take much--just hearing of someone else’s accomplishments, being criticized, getting into an argument, making a mistake at work--to make us think that, deep down, we are just not okay.
This, accompanied by our judgment of others, keeps us at war with life. When not faced, our fears and blame prevent us from living and loving fully. On the societal level, designating a “bad other” fuels the violence that so plagues our world today.
As taught in the beloved bestseller Radical Acceptance, mindfulness empowers us to see clearly what is happening in the moment and respond to it with skillfulness. The course will explore this pathway to compassion and freedom through engaging lectures, guided meditations (ideally used many times, going deeper each time), and question & answer sessions on how best to put the teachings into practice in everyday life.
- Anyone who is their own harshest critic
- Anyone who gets stuck in patterns of blame and resentment
- Anyone who feels challenged around giving or receiving love