What you'll learn
- Understand what Radian Studio does for managing spatial and non spatial data.
- Manage spatial and non-spatial data from different databases within Radian Studio.
- Add data to Radian Studio from files, databases, and cloud based servers.
- Analyze spatial and non-spatial data with Radian Studio using built-in transforms, templates, and even free form SQL.
- Accomplish their own Extraction, Translation, and Loading functions between numerous spatial and non-spatial databases.
- Students should have familiarity with spatial and non spatial data.
- While the course does not require you to be a database or GIS expert, having some knowledge of those topics is really helpful.
- Students should be comfortable using the Windows operating system, and know how to utilize shortcuts like right-mouse clicks, copy and pasting with the mouse, etc.
Do you want to learn how to perform sophisticated analytics and management with big data in both spatial and tabular form? Do you want to find a way to integrate Oracle, SQLServer, PostgreSQL, and other enterprise systems within a single environment? Do you have massive amounts of spatial data in disparate databases? If so, then you'll want to learn how to use Radian Studio.
Radian Studio is a new 64-bit, parallel spatial engineering solution that blends geospatial and traditional data capabilities within a single, all-inclusive product. In this course I will teach you how to manage tables, vector geometry, raster data, drawings, maps, and images using Radian Studio. You'll learn how to manage multiple sources to blend, prepare, extract, transform, load, analyze, validate, visualize and explore your data. With Radian you can transform your data its native database (like Postgres) or within Radian itself.
While you may have taken my other courses in statistical analysis, GIS, enterprise databases, web mapping, or programming, this course will introduce you to a totally cutting edge enterprise solution that will change your career as a data analyst.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for people who work in the field of data management.
- Students can either be data managers, engineers, analysts, or technicians. The import thing is for the student to want to find creative ways for managing that data.
- The course is also designed for students who manage distributed database technology within a single application framework. Don't worry, that sounds really technical, but with Radian it's really easy!
Dr. Arthur J. Lembo, Jr. is an educator with a passion for GIS and almost 30 years of GIS industry experience. He has won numerous teaching awards, including the prestigious New York State Chancellors award for Excellence in Teaching (2006), and the Maryland Board of Regents Teaching Award (2018) - both of these awards are the highest awards in academia for both States.
Currently, Dr. Lembo is a Professor in the Department of Geography and Geosciences at Salisbury University, where he is also the Technical Director of the Eastern Shore Regional GIS Cooperative. Dr. Lembo has published numerous academic papers on GIS, authored a leading textbook on Statistical Problem Solving in Geography, and conducted sponsored research for organizations like the National Science Foundation, NASA, the United States Department of Agriculture, and the Kellogg Foundation.