R Basics - R Programming Language Introduction
- Genuine Interest in statistical programming
- Computer ready to run R and RStudio
- Basic understanding of statistics and data structure
- NO prior knowledge in programming is required!
Are you interested in data science?
Do you want to learn R totally from scratch?
Are you looking for an easy step by step approach to get into R?
Do you want to take an easy R course for BEGINNERS?
Well, if your answer is YES to some of these questions, look no further, this course will help you.
I created this course for the total beginner. That means for you: No prior knowledge required! If this is your first computer programming language to use - congratulations, you found your entry level material. If you are new to data science, no problem, you will learn anything you need to to start out with R.
That also means for you: if you are already used to R, you will likely benefit more from an advanced course. I have more than ten intermediate and advanced R courses available on Udemy, which might be more suited towards your needs. Check out the r-tutorials instructor profile for more info.
Let’s take a look at the content and how the course is structured:
We will start with installation, the R and RStudio interface, add on packages, how to use the R exercise database and the R help tools.
Then we will learn various ways to import data, first coding steps including basic R functions, functions and loops and we will also take a look at the graphical tools.
The whole course should take approx. 3 to 5 hours, and there are exercises available for you to try out R. You will also get the code I am using for the demos.
Anything is ready for you to enter the world of statistical programming.
What R you waiting for?
- Students who need R for their courses
- Web developers who want to implement data analysis features in their webpage
- Everybody interested in statistics and data sciences
- Researchers who perform data analysis including graphs
- Professionals working in analytics or related fields
- Welcome to R Basics02:49
- Download R and RStudio04:22
- RStudio Orientation18:26
- Course Script05:08
- The Structure of the R Ecosystem14:33
- R Help Features17:49
- Using R Functions11:01
- Practice R - the R Exercise Database02:39
- Three Common Mistakes of R Beginners11:03
- Your First Lines of R Code14:38
- Using Some Basic Functions12:59
- Exercise and Solution - Basic Coding06:16
- Functions and Loops06:39
- R Datasets and Data.Frames09:26
- Importing CSV Files06:04
- Advanced Data Import - Bonus Material from the Data Pre-Processing Course07:53
- How to Best Structure Your R Learning Experience12:38
- R Base Graphs10:52
- R Base Graphs 215:41
- Exercise and Solution - R Base Graphs03:10
- Loading your csv files in R; Working directories05:13
- Course R Level 1: Intro to the apply family of functions05:19
- Course Statistics in R: Tests for normality, Exercise and solution06:29
- Course Graphs in R: Lattice package plots03:31
- Course Twitter Text Mining: Exercise and solution sentiment analysis12:08
- Course Machine Learning: KNN Classification05:51
- Course Machine Learning: Linear Discriminant Analysis05:43
- Course Career Guide: Statistical Software Packages - Alternatives to R13:15
- Where to get more info00:30
R-Tutorials is your provider of choice when it comes to analytics training courses! Try it out – our 100,000+ students love it.
We focus on Data Science tutorials. Offering several R courses for every skill level, we are among Udemy's top R training provider. On top of that courses on Tableau, Excel and a Data Science career guide are available.
All of our courses contain exercises to give you the opportunity to try out the material on your own. You will also get downloadable script pdfs to recap the lessons.
The courses are taught by our main instructor Martin – trained biostatistician and enthusiastic data scientist / R user.
Should you have any questions, you are invited to check out our website, you can open a discussion in the course or you can simply drop us a pm.
We are here to help you boost your career with analytics training – Just learn and enjoy.