QuickBooks Online: Setting Up a New Company
What you'll learn
- Choose the right version of QBO for you
- Import an existing file from Desktop, or start over from scratch?
- Choosing a Start Date
- Creating the new QBO file
- Setting up the Chart of Accounts
- Creating User Accounts
- Set up the Sales Tax Center
- Customize settings
- Design your Invoices and Sales Receipts
- Set up Merchant Services to accept credit cards
- Set up Payroll and Timesheets
- Create your list of Payment Terms
- Add attachments to transactions, from POs to paper receipts
- Using Classes to divide your transactions into groups
- Using Locations when you have multiple offices or stores
- You will need a subscription to QuickBooks Online. Note that if you want the Essentials or Plus versions, we can help you get a 20% discount!
Learn QuickBooks Online! In this 3-hour course, business owners and bookkeepers will learn the correct way to create a new company file in QuickBooks Online.
Should you import your existing records, or start from scratch? Should you start at the beginning of the year, or partway through? I'll explore your considerations for getting started.
Then I’ll show you how to set up your QBO by exploring the Company Settings and source Lists so that you have the correct features for your needs.
We'll also cover the Chart of Accounts in detail, as well as the Products and Service Items you provide to customers.
As a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and member of the Intuit Trainer/Writer Network, I’ve assisted hundreds of small businesses to set up and troubleshoot their QuickBooks files, saving them time and money.
Complete this course and earn 3 CPE Credits!
This stand-alone course is one part of a series, including additional courses on setting up QBO, working with customers, managing expenses, and running reports.
Who this course is for:
- Business owners and employees who maintain their company’s financial records
- Entrepreneurs and new business owners who are just getting started, and want to make sure they have solid business knowledge so that they can succeed
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who wish to brush up on their skills
- Students and job-seekers will boost their employment marketability
- Seasoned users looking to glean essential nuggets of information to make using QuickBooks easier and faster than before
Over 30 years ago, when she was 13, Alicia Katz Pollock received her first computer, an Apple IIc. She immediately designed a database for her father’s dental practice to automatically send postcards to his patients every 6 months to come in for a checkup and cleaning. Her passion for computers grew as she did.
A natural teacher, Alicia earned her Master of Arts in Teaching, but instead of turning to the public schools, she developed computer curricula.
She blends the skills of technology, the art of communication, the patience of a trainer, the wisdom of a business consultant, and the detailed eye of an obsessive-compulsive to bring you the finest in business solutions.
Alicia’s certifications include:
QuickBooks Certified User
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Apple Consultants Network
Apple Certified Support Professional, 10.5
Apple Certified Support Professional, 10.7
Apple Certified Support Professional, 10.10
Microsoft Certified Application Specialist in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Microsoft Office Specialist, Master Level