Running Reports in QBO to Analyze Growth
What you'll learn
- Know which Reports are available in each QBO version
- Navigate the Report Center
- Read a Profit and Loss (P&L) Report
- Understand a Balance Sheet
- Utilize the Company Snapshot
- Use the Scorecard to compare yourself to similar businesses
- Run Sales Reports
- Run Expense Reports
- Run Accounts Receivable (A/R) Aging Reports
- Run Accounts Payable (A/P) Reports
- Customize Reports with columns and percentages
- You will need a subscription to QuickBooks Online. Note that if you want the Essentials or Plus versions, we can help you get a 20% discount!
It’s time to analyze your business!
You’ve spent hours keeping your business records up to date, so now let QuickBooks reveal.
Who are your best customers? What products and services are your best sellers? Who owes you money, and who do you owe?
And of course, the most popular question:
WHERE DID ALL MY MONEY GO?
We’ll teach you how to customize your reports to pull the exact data you need, memorize your favorites for future use, and even email them every month automatically!
After taking this course, you'll understand the best ways to slice and dice your data, and make better decisions to help your business grow.
What You’ll Learn
What reports are available at each subscription level of QuickBooks
How to read a Profit & Loss report
How to read a Balance Sheet
How to read a Cash Flow report
A/R and A/P reports
Job Costing reports
Who are your best Customers?
What are your most lucrative services?
What are your best-selling products?
How to analyze your reports to decide what direction to grow in the future
How to customize reports to extract exactly what you want to see
How to memorize reports so you can run them again in the future
How to email reports to administration automatically
After completing this course, you will be able to
Identify the sections and accounts in a Profit and Loss Statement and Balance Sheet
Recognize more advanced reports that analyze your business performance
Recall how to customize reports to show you exactly what you want to know
List the steps to share reports with other people
Who this course is for:
- Business owners and employees who maintain their company’s financial records
- Entrepreneurs and new business owners who are just getting started, and want to make sure they have solid business knowledge so that they can succeed
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who wish to brush up on their skills
- Students and job-seekers will boost their employment marketability
- Seasoned users looking to glean essential nuggets of information to make using QuickBooks easier and faster than before
Alicia Katz Pollock is a QuickBooks trainer with a quick wit and years of experience. As Insightful Accountant’s Top 10 ProAdvisor in 2021, her video courses and books are helping bookkeeping professionals learn QuickBooks Online in the shortest amount of time with the longest retention.
She’s a member of Intuit’s national training team, a frequent conference speaker, has a Master of Arts in Teaching, and is known as a “QBO Rock Star” not just because she’s good at QuickBooks but also because she plays bass.
A natural teacher, Alicia earned her Master of Arts in Teaching, but instead of turning to the public schools, she developed computer curricula.
She blends the skills of technology, the art of communication, the patience of a trainer, the wisdom of a business consultant, and the detailed eye of an obsessive-compulsive to bring you the finest in business solutions.
Alicia’s certifications include:
QuickBooks Certified User
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Apple Consultants Network
Apple Certified Support Professional, 10.5
Apple Certified Support Professional, 10.7
Apple Certified Support Professional, 10.10
Microsoft Certified Application Specialist in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Microsoft Office Specialist, Master Level