Quick Start in Soap Making with Cold Method
What you'll learn
- How to make soap bars with the cold method
- Basic knowledge about caustic soda
- How to use wisely sodium hydroxide in soap making
- Create a soap recipe from scratch
- There are no prerequisites for starting the course
Do you want to start creating cold process soaps but are intimidated by the use of lye?
Handling caustic soda can be intimidating! Not being fully familiar with the process and how to use this ingredient could be the cause for giving up on creating colorful, fragrant soaps!
In this course the role of caustic soda and its characteristics are mainly explored. I will show you how to prepare a simple soap bar using a few ingredients and practicing some tricks to start creating cold soaps without fear.
Some perks that you will get:
the chemistry behind caustic soda
how to safely handle caustic soda
additional tips and recommendations on the entire process
how to make a bar of soap with a few readily available ingredients
Furthermore in the course:
Quality ingredients: To help you make your first soaps without spending a fortune, I've chosen as few ingredients as possible. Ingredients that you probably already have at home.
Safety first!: Let's learn more about caustic soda and how to handle it safely. Tips and recommendations to prepare your soaps calmly and with awareness.
Creativity: Creating soaps is also creativity. How to make colorful soaps without pigments or mica? For this class, I opened the pantry and found an awesome natural dye.
Start creating your soap today! :)
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in soap making for personal use
- Anyone interested in starting a soap making business
- Anyone passioned for DIY
- Anyone that want to adopt a more sustainable lifestyle
- Anyone who wants to switch to natural living
- Anyone interested in DIY soap making as simply a hobby
Hi, I'm Gabi. I'm a doctor in chemistry and content creator. Thanks to my scientific knowledge I became passionate about self-producing of homemade products. Since five years, I started to make my own soaps, skincare products, candles and much more. I used my knowledge of chemistry to go deeper into every subject and I discovered how fun and rewarding this hobby is. I decided to share what I learned with simple courses that explain what is behind the use of each ingredient and procedure used.