Quick Introduction to Swedish Massage
What you'll learn
- Introduction to Swedish Massage
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Contraindications and Precautions
- Techniques and Sequence
- Client Assessment and Communication
- Practical Application and Business Considerations
- Intended for people with no massage training necessary and whom is interested in learning more about how to perform a full body 60 min swedish massage.
- To take this course you will need access to a computer with wifi available- materials needed: massage table, bed or couch to practice (massage table most preferable) oils or lotions (any will do) 1 sheet, 1 fitted sheet and 1 pillow case and or face cradle, 1 blanket or towel. 1. Be patient and persistent: Learning any new skill takes time and effort, and Swedish Massage is no exception. Be patient with yourself and don't get discouraged if you encounter difficulties along the way. 2. Practice regularly: As mentioned earlier, regular practice is essential for mastering Swedish Massage techniques. Try to practice at least a few times a week, and ideally every day if possible. 3. Watch videos carefully: Videos are a great way to learn Swedish Massage techniques, as they allow you to see the movements and strokes up close. Pay close attention to the instructor's body positioning, hand placement, and pressure techniques. 4. Use a mirror: Using a mirror can help you observe your own body positioning and technique as you practice. This can help you identify areas for improvement and make adjustments as needed. 5. Take breaks: Swedish Massage can be physically demanding, so it's important to take breaks and give your hands and wrists a rest. This can also help prevent fatigue and injury.
In this course you will learn how to perform a full body Swedish massage on a client. You will learn basic history and definition of Swedish massage. Then we will cover the principles and goals of giving a Swedish massage. We will cover each stroke technique used in Swedish massage also provided will be comprehensive videos of the same material. We will go over the Benefits of a Swedish massage on the client and how it effects the body. We will also learn a brief overview of the anatomy and physiology of the body. Very important material we will be learning is contraindications of Swedish massage, meaning what ailments or illnesses a client may have that may stop the client from receiving a Swedish massage. You will know and understand at the end of this course when you may need to modify or cancel a massage. You will be able to drape the client properly with the proper instructions of getting on and off the table. You will also learn of how to run the session from beginning to end of the proper introduction to the proper techniques and strokes to then the proper closing. You will also learn of how to set the space and have the room/table and ambience ready for the clients session.
Who this course is for:
- It is the beginning basics and fundamentals for all those who want to work in the massage therapy field.
Hi, my name is Joelle and I have been a Massage therapist for over 20 years. I have taught Swedish massage before and loved the enthusiasm and learning from my students. I have other modalities that I do as well, and am hoping to teach more here on Udemy. I am proficient in Deep tissue massage, prenatal, reflexology and many more. I am really excited to start teaching on Udemy and get wonderful feedback from the students.