How to Install Ubuntu Linux on a Virtual Machine
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to install Ubuntu Linux on a virtual machine and also do custom partitioning
- How to install Ubuntu Linux on virtual machine for learning/testing purposes
- How to create custom partitions for Linux installation
- For Linux students who want to install Linux on their windows or mac OS
- For beginners who want to learn and try out Linux, especially Ubuntu Linux
- If you want to install Linux, but not sure how, this course is for you
- You need a computer/pc/laptop
- You need to be able to download some files
- You need access to install new software on your computer
- Beginner level, but some technical or IT knowledge will help
- An interest in Linux, especially Ubuntu Linux
Perfect for Beginners/Students but also useful for advanced users.
You don't need to install Linux on your physical machine to try it out. You can safely install Ubuntu Linux on a virtual machine without any risks, and learn & test that way.
You will learn how to install Ubuntu Linux on a virtual machine, using Oracle VirtualBox.
The course covers how to install Ubuntu Linux, how to create custom partitions for the installation, and there is a brief overview at the end of how to setup your Desktop environment post-installation.
The installation of Ubuntu Linux on a virtual machine is almost exactly the same as on a physical harddisk/pc, therefore this course can be used to help you install Linux on your physical harddisk/pc/laptop.
Please don't forget to rate my course, and you're welcome to send me any questions too. I will be happy to answer them.
- Linux beginners
- Students of computer science, or any other IT courses
- junior or beginner devops, sysops, aws
- devops or sysops or aws students
- IT students
- computer studies students
- junior programmers
- junior developers
- junior data scientists
- junior python developers
- python students
- programming students
- virtualization students
- people who are interested in Linux
- people who don't know how to install Linux
I show you how to create a virtual machine with Oracle VirtualBox to prepare for Ubuntu Linux installation.
After this lecture you should be able to repeat my steps on your computer, without any issues.
I also show you how to start/boot up the virtual machine, and how to boot from the Ubuntu Linux virtual dvd .iso image.
Here you will learn how to create custom partitions for your Ubuntu Linux installation. I cover all the steps from after the installation (virtual) dvd has booted up, up to where the installation continues automatically on its own.
(We started up the virtual machine in the previous lecture, and booted from the virtual installation dvd for Ubuntu Linux. This is the .iso file that you downloaded from the ubuntu website. When that file is added to the virtual machine virtual dvd, it becomes an installation dvd on the virtual machine.)
All the manual steps of the installation was completed in the previous lectures. Now the installation continues automatically, and I explain several things during this process. You are welcome to skip to the next lecture, but I advise you to watch this entire lecture till the end of the installation.
Installation was completed in previous lecture.
I now show you how to boot up Ubuntu Linux from the virtual machine(without the installation dvd), and then I briefly describe some steps of the Ubuntu Desktop setup once we have logged in to the newly installed Ubuntu Linux.
This lecture can be very useful for you if you want to know how to install some softwares/applications, how to change your desktop layout, etc. You should watch till the end, because I will give you an assignment.