Quasar V1: Cross-Platform Apps (with Vue 2, Vuex & Firebase)
What you'll learn
- How to create a real-world, cross-platform app for web, iOS, Android, Mac and Windows using Quasar Framework V1 and Firebase
- How to manage the state of your app using Vuex
- How to create a back-end for the app using Firebase Realtime Database - including user authentication, reading and writing data
- All the essentials of Quasar Framework V1 and VueJS 2
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge is required
- Basic VueJS knowledge is beneficial but not required
- A Mac for development is preferred
In this course I’ll show you how to use Quasar Framework V1 (along with Vue JS 2, Vuex & Firebase) to create real-world, cross-platforms apps using a single Vue JS codebase; and get these apps production-ready and deployed to all the major platforms - Web, iOS, Android, Mac & Windows.
Throughout this course we'll create a real-world app called Awesome Todo. In this app we can add, edit or delete tasks and mark them as completed.
We can also sort tasks by name or date and search through tasks using a search bar.
It's also going to have a Settings page, with 2 real settings which change the way the app works - and which persist when app is closed and restarted (or the browser reloaded on the web version). It will also have a help page, a "visit our website" link and an "email us" link.
The app will have its own back-end created using a Firebase Realtime Database. Users can register, log in and see their data sync in realtime across all of their devices.
We'll get the app production ready for all the different platforms - web, iOS, Android, Mac & Windows.
You'll learn all of the basics of Quasar Framework, including the Quasar CLI, Quasar Components, Quasar Plugins, Quasar Directives, Platform Detection, Layouts, Theming & various Quasar Utilities.
I'll also show you all of the basics of Vue.js, including Data Binding, Events, Computed Properties, Components, Directives, Filters, Lists & Lifecycle Hooks.
You'll learn how to manage the state of your app using Vuex, where I'll cover State, Mutations, Actions & Setters.
I'll cover all of the basics of Firebase, including Authentication, Reading data, Writing data & protecting your data with Database Rules.
By the end of this course, you will be able to create your own real-world apps, with real back-ends which work on all the different platforms.
NOTE: This course is for Quasar V1 (with Vue 2). Quasar V2 (with Vue 3) is not covered in this course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to create real-world, cross platform apps using a single VueJS codebase.
- Web Developers who want to use their existing skills to create a real-world app on many different platforms (Web, iOS, Android, Mac & Windows)
After becoming more interested in apps, I worked for 2 years as a Hybrid App Developer, creating cross-platform apps for the charity sector using technologies including Angular, Ionic, Vue.js and more.
I created my own successful app called Fudget (for iOS, Android, Mac & Windows) which is the highest user-rated personal finance app on iOS with over 1.5 million downloads. This eventually enabled me to leave my job and become a full-time Indie App Developer, working on my own apps.
I have a young but successful YouTube channel where I also share coding tutorials.
I'm super excited to share my knowledge on Udemy!