The Quantum Mind: Powerful Concepts in Personal Development
What you'll learn
- Students will be able to discuss key ideas in Buddhism, NLP and Spiritual Psychology
- Students will have a survey understanding of various bodies of knowledge related to well-being
- Students will be able to understand what creates suffering
- Students will be able to understand how to mitigate suffering
- Students will learn mental technologies to be more effective communicators
- Students will learn how to access more resourceful mental states for creativity and better decision-making
- Students will know what are the four-pillars of well-being
- Students will develop a holistic understanding of the mind, body and spirit
- No prior knowledge is required. Internet connection needed to access course. A way to be able to take notes.
We experience so much unnecessary suffering in our lives and live in a society that increases the likelihood of our suffering: everything from popular culture, TV shows, advertising, and even song lyrics is geared toward making us feel that either we don't have enough, or that we're not enough. And on top of that, none of us are born with a user manual, and by the time we're ready to write a user manual for ourselves, we've probably already learned a few lessons THE HARD WAY.
I’ve created an online course to help you get into the driver's seat in your life, and stay there.
Based on eight years of research and personal experimentation, and motivated by gaining a deeper understanding of how I operate, this course distills the essence from some of the best psychological theories and mental technologies humanity has ever created, from Buddhism to modern neuroscience.
Whether this is your first mind-development course, or if you're a veteran at this, you will surely find resources, ideas and suggestions that nourish and sustain your quest to master the art of living.
Module 1 - Buddhism: Basic Concepts
Module 2 - Neuro-Linguistic Programming & The Psychology of Excellence
Module 3 - The 4 Pillars of Well-Being (Exercise, Mental Hygiene, Nutrition, Education)
Module 4 - Spiritual Psychology: Cosmologies that Give Life Greater Meaning
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in managing emotions or regulating internal states
- Anyone interested in personal development
- People looking to utilize positive psychology for success
- Anyone feeling stuck or in a rut
- Anyone looking to manage their health, well-being and fitness
- Anyone interested in positive psychology and achiever mindsets
- Anyone interested in mind discipline and mental technology
- Anyone curious about the awesomeness of the human mind
- Anyone who is experiencing distress and would like to hear about non-medical techniques to reduce suffering
My primary objective is to reduce suffering and to increase compassion, because a better world is possible.
A thousand years ago you will have found me either in China or Baghdad making use of their massive libraries and centers of learning. Now, you'll find me essentially doing three things: 1) Figuring out how things work 2) Figuring out how they can work better and 3) Sharing what I learn.
I received my PhD from the University of Sydney when I was 26. I published dozens of academic articles and encyclopedia entries, as well as 6 books since then. I have given lectures at some of the best universities in the world and two TEDx talks. I've written for the Washington Post and once had the pleasure of speaking alongside a Nobel Peace Prize laureate.
Want more reasons to sign up? Here is feedback from students:
“I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I learned much about the mechanisms and practices that enable the pursuit of excellence in everyday life. I particularly liked how scientific information was related to the broader context of the history of ideas, and found much of what was said directly relevant to one of my own fields of research interest — namely, moral philosophy. The instructor is marvelous — always clear and engaging, at times positively exhilarating, and capable of making you feel as if she is really cathecting with you. The module on spiritual psychology was especially brilliant and thought-provoking.“ Aleardo Z.
“The Quantum Mind course is incredibly useful. I found myself days later remembering and applying the strategies to great effect. The concept of the conscious mind and awareness is clearly and succinctly explained. It satisfied my yearning for a theoretical framework and yet it is practical and useful on a day to day basis. Equally, Dr Habib's method of meditation when applied is far more effective than what I have been practicing to date. Overall, the curriculum is well thought out and the chronology of the course helps in understanding concepts that are not normally associated with one another. It is dense and yet easy to understand and apply. I highly recommend this course to anybody wishing to be at peace with themselves and the world ... and not only those who are actively suffering.“ Mirielle
“What I loved about this course is that I not only learned so much, but I am left with a wealth of different tools, tactics, and strategies to apply to my life. I started off being interested in this abstract concept of the quantum mind, and now I'm amazed at the power of my own mind! I've already begun to make small changes to my everyday habits that have shifted my moods and general outlook on life...” - Sameerah A.
And here is some anonymous feedback from students I taught at a private college in California this year:
• This was such an interesting class, and had so much value to me. You did a really great job of being excited and interested in the material you were teaching, giving us lots of outside sources and readings that were actually interesting and thought provoking. Thank you for coming to visit us at [name of institution].
• I grew a lot as a student and person because of this class, and I can't say the same for other [name of institution] classes I have taken.
• Samar's energy and knowledge really made this class enlightening. She provides great lectures, discussions, and content.
• Dr Habib is great at exciting her students and challenging them to expand their minds
• You make this topic very personal and interesting. Thank you.
• Your lectures and assigned readings are all fantastic. On a personal note, you have been the best college professor I have had yet. Just an amazing mind and heart. I speak for myself and the class when I say we loved you.