Quantitative Finance with R
What you'll learn
- A solid understanding of how to analyze—with a quantitative mindset—the most important financial products such as equities, derivatives, and bonds
- Use statistical analysis to find hidden insights into financial data used in financial models and strategies
- Diversify your portfolio with hedging and eliminate unwanted risk during times of market volatility
- Price any financial instrument
- Go safe with fixed income securities by exploring the bond market
- Analyze financial assets to find their Return On Investment (ROI)
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Markowitz's modern portfolio theory and the ability of applying it using real data with R
- Build your own profit-making strategy with advanced financial techniques to measure, predict and manage risk
- This course expects viewers to have some basic knowledge of financial markets and a good understanding of R programming. However, they need not have any knowledge of quantitative finance or working with financial data.
With the ever-changing financial environment in the global market, investment banks, hedge funds, and private equity firms are always on the lookout for professionals able to identify profitable investment opportunities and manage risk. If you are interested in Quantitative Finance, especially in modern portfolio theory and risk management, then this is the perfect course for you.
Solving complex quantitative finance tasks becomes much easier with hands-on coding implementations. This course mixes important theoretical steps in a practical way to enhance your financial IQ in your day-to-day activities.
By the end of the course, you'll be comfortable using R and its associated libraries to solve any problem associated with Quantitative Finance without getting stressed; in short, you'll be solving the complex challenges that portfolio and risk managers face every day.
About The Author
Marco Neffelli is a Ph.D. candidate in Economics at the University of Genova, Italy. His main research revolves around Quantitative Finance and Financial Econometrics. He is a lecturer for the course Quantitative Finance with R at the University of Pavia, Italy. His background includes an MSc in Quantitative Finance from Cass Business School, London.
Omar Bazara holds a Master's degree in financial mathematics from Cass Business School, City University of London. Omar is a portfolio valuation analyst at IHS Markit, London. He is specialized in Credit Derivatives and working alongside a variety of different asset classes.
Who this course is for:
- If you're new to quantitative finance and R is your go-to language, this is your perfect course.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.