QuantConnect Boot Camp in Python
- A good working knowledge of python is required.
In QuantConnect’s Boot Camp tutorial series you’ll learn the tools for quantitative trading. You’ll build skills in finance, statistics, and software development while learning about QuantConnect’s API with code-along tasks. After this course, you’ll be able to implement your own trading strategies in python and have a foundation in robust algorithm design.
We’ll start out with the fundamentals for individual algorithm creation and move on to building an institutional-grade system using the Algorithm Framework. You’ll be able to use its architecture to deploy your own flexible investment strategies.
In each lesson, we’ll code together on QuantConnect’s integrated development environment to create algorithms that you can backtest and use. You’ll manage your portfolio, use indicators in technical trading strategies, trade on universes of assets, automate trades based on market behavior, and understand how data moves in and out of your algorithm.
QuantConnect is one of the largest quantitative trading communities in the world. Part of what makes it so special is the diverse backgrounds in the community. We’re so excited to make these skills accessible to you so you can implement your own unique ideas. Hope to see you in the first lesson!
- Python developers who want to build trading algorithms.
- Welcome to Boot Camp01:18
- Buy and Hold / Equities09:09
- Buy and Hold / Equities Quiz6 questions
- Buy and Hold / Forex11:20
- Buy and Hold / Forex Quiz4 questions
- Buy and Hold with a Trailing Stop14:58
- Buy and Hold with a Trailing Stop Quiz4 questions
- Momentum-Based Tactical Allocation10:01
- Momentum-Based Tactical Allocation Quiz4 questions
- Opening Range Breakout11:01
- Opening Range Breakout Quiz4 questions
- Fading the Gap11:31
- Fading the Gap Quiz4 questions
- Liquid Universe Selection10:41
- Liquid Universe Selection Quiz4 questions
- 200-50 EMA Momentum Universe13:41
- 200-50 EMA Momentum Universe Quiz4 questions
- The Algorithm Framework15:51
- The Algorithm Framework Quiz5 questions
Our team transforms coffee and orange juice into code each day. We're excited to learn together.
Videos are taught by Sherry Yang and Jared Broad. Day to day Sherry is responsible for Developer Advocacy in QuantConnect
At QuantConnect we believe in revolutionizing the financial industry with collaboration and radical openness, empowering people and harnessing the creativity of a talented community. We do this by sharing beautiful open-source engineering with an organic community of quantitative finance professionals from around the world. We provide a place where people can be challenged, gain recognition for and profit from their efforts and connect with others interested in the same topics.