Quality Methodologies and Standards for Projects (PMI - PMP)
What you'll learn
- Recognize activities that are part of the Lean methodology
- Match Lean principles to their descriptions
- Recognize key characteristics of the Six Sigma methodology
- Recognize quality management practices that result in continuous improvement
- Recognize characteristics of a Kanban-pull system
- Identify key principles of the ISO 9000 quality standard
- Recognize characteristics of CMMI®
- Identify examples of BSI standards
- Recognize the purpose of the IEEE quality standards
- Demonstrate your understanding of various quality management tools and systems
- No special requirements or prerequisites are needed to take this course, but some extra reading about projects, project management, project life cycle, organizational project management, project scope, project schedule, project costs, project quality, project human resources and project communications will help.
- Part of the Project Management Professional Certification Course (PMI-PMP)
The Quality Methodologies and Standards for Projects (PMI - PMP) is course 16 of 28 of the Project Management Professional Certification Program (PMI-PMP).
Consistently providing high-quality products and services requires use of continuous process improvement initiatives and adherence to applicable industry standards. This course explains some of the most popular quality methodologies and standards that project management professionals use today.
We'll look at lean and six sigma, as well as some of the specific lean tools that are used for quality management and continuous improvement. We'll also look at four different classes of quality standards, including the ISO standard.
1. Using Lean for Quality Improvement
2. Lean Principles
3. Six Sigma for Process and Quality Improvement
4. Quality Management Practices
5. Kanban and Continuous Improvement
6. Value Stream Mapping
7. ISO 9000 Quality Principles
9. The British Standards Institution
11. Exercise: Continuous Improvement and Standards
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, professionals and project workers with or without formal project management training will improve project management skills and knowledge and will be ready to stand for formal certification.
Sorin Dumitrascu here! I'm a certified trainer, project manager, and public manager with over 15 years of experience in managing, consulting and designing and delivering online training courses.
I have a Masters degree in International Relations and Policy Making, a Bachelor degree in Public Administration and a professional degree of Public Manager.
I'm specialised in business management, HR management, career development, project management, operations management and business analysis certification and career development courses.
I teach what I practice. I currently work, as a consultant and instructor, in various projects of United Nations, European Union, national and international NGOs and private companies - providing expertise in general management, industrial relations, prisons and corrections and adult education.
Whether you're looking to upskill or simply need guidance, I'm here to help you reach your goals!
#Training #Certified #PublicManager #BusinessManagement #HRManagement #ProjectManagement #OperationsManagement #BusinessAnalysis