Business Intelligence With QlikView - 0 To Full Sales App
What you'll learn
- How to build application to analyze sales data and other business data in efficient way
- Use graphs, charts and pivot tables to represent your sales and business data
- What constitutes a well designed and easy to use application
- How to load, clean and prepare data for visualization
- Best practices in building QlikView applications
- Use of QlikView scripting language for building data model
- Learn how QlikView works behind the scene
- Basic knowledge of MS Excel
QlikView is profoundly different than any other Business Intelligence tool so no wonder Qlik is one of the fastest growing companies on the market and job demands for developers are high with salaries reaching up to $100,000.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Build QlikView application that analyzes sales data provided in the course
- Get the experience with real-life business data that companies analyze
- Learn general concepts of data analysis and Business Intelligence
- Analyze business data from external data sources
- Replace Excel on all projects related to data analysis and visualization
- Learn to properly visualize data by using various charting technique
What you need to know before starting with QlikView
It's important to learn how to work with QlikView. Through QlikView's Expense Management application, I show you how users can be taught to use QlikView to detect exorbitant spending in a company and perform detailed data analysis. Since QlikView is data driven, and it reacts to anything you select, by understanding selections and associations, you will work more efficiently with the tool.
What kind of application are we building in a course
We create Shoe Sales application from scratch. This is an imaginary scenario where we analyze shoe sales business across USA. We have stores in cities where shoes are sold, so we need to focus on what are we selling, for how much, how profitable we are and if we are losing money on certain sales.
All the sample data will be provided in the course and as a bonus, I show you how to use website called Mockaroo to build any data mockups. You can even use Mockaroo for other data analysis projects, or for demonstration purposes.
What development and visualization concepts we cover in course
This course is about development and visualization. You will get insights into modeling practices, learn to use scripts for loading, cleaning, joining and preparing data for visualizations. We cover topics like table naming, concatenation, symbolic links, building artificial keys, table joins, and various scripting functions.
Specific courses are provided for specific visualization techniques like straight or pivot tables, search boxes, list boxes, selections, line and bar charts and design of KPIs - a key metric users should focus on first.
It is a course developed to put you on feet with QlikView without which you might be tapping in a dark or just do the things wrong way - a complete course to build a complete QlikView application!
What's new: I will start adding my own consulting experience with the tool and how I used it in practice.
Who this course is for:
- You work with data on a daily basis
- You require better visualization and presentation of data
- You have patterns in data you want to discover and analyse
- You want to learn more about data modelling and visualization
- You are evaluating QlikView as an alternative to traditional reporting tools
- You need to combine data from multiple sources
I am consultant and software developer at Adacta, one of the largest business software integrator and Enterprise Resource Planning implementer in Southeast Europe.
As a certified QlikView designer and developer who worked on implementations across multitude of manufacturing, distribution and retail industries I have great experience in solving real-life clients problems with QlikView.
I worked on numerous implementations where as a part of sales process QlikView's power is demonstrated in only three days and clients get their specific business problems solved.
I also work with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, one of the best ERP in the world, so my students can benefit from the expertise I have in implementing and consulting on business software.