QA Guide to REST API Testing for Beginners
What you'll learn
- You will learn what APIs are and how they work
- You will be skilled at using Postman and Fiddler to create, issue requests, and test APIs
- You will learn how to use Fiddler to capture, view, replay, and manipulate web traffic
- You will be able to read and create JSON data
- Basic understanding of computers and web browsers
- Basic knowledge of testing practices is helpful, but not required
- PC or Mac computer
- All software used in the course is freely available on the internet
This is the third course in my "QA Guide" series. Application QA Engineers are high on the list of great jobs that can earn you over $100k a year. Take the next step to achieve your maximum earning potential.
What are APIs? And how do we test them?
APIs are an extremely important part of the applications that we use everyday. There are APIs being called every time you open an app on your phone, search for products on the web, or play a song from your Alexa.
If your team is developing a mobile app or web application, there are going to be APIs involved. You need to be able to understand what APIs are, how they work, and how to test them.
Are you ready to work with APIs?
In this course you will learn everything that you need to know to get started with REST API testing.
The course starts with API basics. Here you will learn what an API is and how they work.
I will be covering several tools along the way to help you validate and format APIs so that you can quickly and easily understand the purpose and content.
The bulk of the course will be through exercises. We will use Postman to generate API requests. Then we will use Postman to test the requests that we created.
Finally, we will be using Fiddler to capture, view, and manipulate API Traffic.
Get started now!
Who this course is for:
- You want to know more about APIs
- You want to learn how to test APIs
- You want to learn how to create re-usable test cases for APIs
- You want to be able to read and create JSON data
I’m a senior QA engineer with over 10 years of experience building QA teams. My experience includes software testing of web and mobile apps, test automation, and a bit of front-end web and mobile development. I want to share my knowledge with you so that you can be successful in your career and help your teams produce outstanding applications.