Introduction To Python Programming
- No programming experience is required!
- Access to a Computer or Laptop
Do you want to become a programmer?
Or is it that Python interests you?
If you need a quick brush-up, or learning Python for the first time, you've come to the right place!
Let's get started learning one of the most easiest coding languages out there right now. There's no need to fret if you haven't coded before. By the time you finish this course, you'll be a pro at Python!
Python is a great and friendly language to use and learn. It fun, and can be adapted to both small and large projects. Python will cut your development time greatly and overall, its much faster to write Python than other languages. This course will be a quick way to understand all the major concepts of Python programming. You'll be a whiz in no time.
This course is a one-stop-shop for everything you'll need to know to get started with Python, along with a few incentives. We'll begin with the basics of Python, learning about strings, variables, and getting to know the data types. We'll soon move on to the loops and conditions in Python. Afterwards, we'll discuss a bit of file manipulation and functions. By then, you'll know all the basics of Python.
I hope you're excited to dive into the World of Python with this course. Well, what are you waiting for? Let's get started!
- Even if you haven't touched coding before, it won't matter. The easy step-to-step lectures will quickly guide you through everything you'll need to know about coding, mainly Python. This course is here for you to get accustomed and familiar with Python and its syntax. And above all, Python is one of the easiest coding languages to learn, and there's a lot you can do with it.
- Getting Started04:33
- Variables and Multiple Assignment06:15
- Arithmetic Operators10:34
- Placeholders in Strings05:44
- Introduction to Lists08:16
- Conditional Statements07:46
- For Loops06:11
- While Loops05:18
- Try and Except04:00
- In-Built Functions07:14
- Object-Oriented Programming08:37
- Installing Python for Mac03:27
- Installing Python for Windows03:29
- Hello World00:59
- Multiple Assignment03:44
- Data Types and Ints03:57
- Placeholders in Strings00:54
- List Functions07:18
- Dictionary Functions05:33
- Exercise Files2 pages
- If-Else Statements03:18
- Relational Operators05:57
- Nested If/Else04:23
- Elif Statements03:33
- Logical Operators03:58
- For Loops07:22
- While Loops03:35
- Nested For Loops03:41
- Prime Number Generator08:43
- Pass, Break and Continue07:44
- Try and Except02:51
- Quick Tips06:26
- Exercise Files1 page
- Creating our own Function08:08
- Pre-Defined Functions15:28
- Creating our own File03:00
- Creating our own File (Windows)00:14
- Opening and Reading Files05:59
- Appending and Reading Files07:45
- Copying Files11:04
- What's next?00:00
Avinash Jain is currently a sophomore at UC Berkeley majoring in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. He's the CEO and Founder of TheCodex, an online educational platform focused on bringing the best programming content to hundreds of thousands of students around the world.
His programming journey began at the age of 10, starting off with simple Python scripts to crawl the weather. Since then, he's worked at numerous companies and is professionally experienced in Python, iOS Development and Web Development. He's launched a plethora of applications in the App Store amassing thousands of downloads. Additionaly, he's competed and won in several hackathons around the world including PennApps and NWHacks.
Avinash has a passion to teach - his enthusiasm and love for programming is evident in every video. For the past 4 years he's been an instructor on Udemy and he loves motivating and enabling others to pursue their programming dreams. He hopes to help students realize the power of programming and jumpstart their careers through his courses.
Checkout TheCodex for all of his courses, fantastic discounts, and any guidance or help.