Python Project: Building Complex Calculator
What you'll learn
- Building complex calculator using Python. The calculator will be able to perform complex calculation such as trigonometric functions, natural log, and inverse
- Learn Tkinter which is one of Python libraries to create GUIs (Graphical User Interface)
- Learn basics Python including but not only limited to creating function, conditional statement, and other basic Python syntax
- Learn how to create button in Python and how to connect it with a function
- Learn how to create input box to receive data/information from the users
- No previous programming experience is required. You will learn everything you need to know
- Basic knowledge in Python is helpful but not neccessary
- No previous experience in Tkinter is needed
Welcome to Python Project: Building Complex Calculator course. This course was designed and intended for Python beginners who want to build up their programming portfolio as well as improve their Python programming skills. This course is actually going to be a guided project based course instead of a regular course where you can expect step by step guidance from setting up your IDE all the way to finalizing and testing the calculator. Here, in this course, you will learn Tkinter which is a Python library designed for creating simple GUI (Graphical User Interface) and the calculator will be built based on Tkinter. Hence, you will be trained on how to create buttons, connect the buttons which you have created with functions where every single time the user clicks on that button, the calculator will perform as being commanded by the corresponding function as well as creating input box where it is basically a place where the user can input data/information to the calculator. At the end of the course, I will also guide you step by step on how to upload your project on your Github account.
Regarding the calculator, the reason why I called it a complex calculator is the fact that it has way more functionalities compared to the regular calculator with mainly addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division buttons. As matter of fact, the complex calculator that you are going to build in this course will include following functionalities:
Sin, Cos, Tan, Csc, Sec, Cot (trigonometric functions)
Sin^-1, Cos^-1, Tan^-1 (trigonometric inverse functions)
|x| absolute value
X^2 and x^3
x^(½) square root
e^x exponential function
Although there are a lot of functions that we will create, there is nothing you should worry about since I will guide you step by step on how to write the code and even explain each code line by line with the intention that you understand the concept behind each line of code. Last but not least, we will also conduct a testing phase in order to make sure the calculator that we built has been functioning as expected. In conclusion, this course will teach you all the basics of Python programming through building this project, as many people say, the most effective strategy to master a new thing is to learn by doing and that is exactly what we do in this course, learning Python and Tkinter by building a project.
Who this course is for:
- Python beginners who want to create a project and upload it on Github
- Anyone who is interested in building complex calculator using Python
- Anyone who wants to learn about Tkinter
Hi all, my name is Chris Raharja. I graduated from University of Washington with BS in Mathematics. I used to work as a technology consultant in one of Big 4 firms and now I have been running several different business models such as print on demand, affiliate marketing, drop shipping, ads traffic arbitrage. I have been always passionate about teaching since my first time as a volunteer math tutor in high school. My goal on Udemy is to share my knowledge and build a wonderful community to study many different things together.