Python Network Programming
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Apply your Python knowledge to network engineering tasks.
- Become a rock-star and future-proof your skills in the SDN world.
- Save time and money and accomplish daily tasks more efficiently and effectively.
- Gain peace of mind in knowing your network is doing what it is supposed to.
- Create customized scripts that accomplish your unique goals.
- You need hands-on experience with network gears (virtual or physical) and basic Python knowledge.
Python has become one of the most popular programming languages. This video uses a project-based approach to teach you how to leverage this easy-to-learn language for network automation tasks. The main goal of this course is to help you master key concepts in Python with the aid of interesting projects. You will learn to create exciting Python apps to automate daily networking tasks such as configuring devices, collecting information about the network, testing by client simulations, or network discovery. This course will help you build some mesmerizing network tools with Python, including a Subnet calculator; configuring multiple network devices concurrently via SSH or Telnet; a DHCP client simulator for testing a DHCP server in the local network; network discovery via SNMP; OS fingerprinting; and network attacks via Scapy. This tutorial uses real-life scenarios and use cases to help you build network automation tools with the amazing Python language. By the end of this course, you will be able to take your Python programming skills to the next level for network automation.
About the Author :
Eric Chou is a seasoned technologist with over 16 years of experience. He has managed some of the largest networks in the industry while working at Amazon and Microsoft and is passionate about network automation and Python. He shares this deep interest in these fields through his teachings as a Python instructor, blogger, and active contributor to some of the popular Python open source projects. Currently, Eric holds two patents in IP Telephony and is a principal engineer at A10 Networks with a focus on product research and development in the field of security.
- This course is targeted at network engineers, network administrators, and Python programmers who want to apply their knowledge in the network engineering field. You need hands-on experience with network gears (virtual or physical) and basic Python knowledge.
- By the end of the course, you will have mastered key Python concepts in the network engineering context.
This video aims at explaining how the general purpose automation tool Ansible can fit into the network automation world.
In this video, we will look at ways to retrieve network information from devices via SNMP and API.
This video aims at explaining how DHCP is widely used in the network, we will also use Python to test your setup.