Python in 5 Hours: A Comprehensive Crash Course in 2024
What you'll learn
- Understand the fundamentals of Python programming language
- Write Python code to solve simple problems and perform common programming tasks
- Add Python proficiency to your resume, opening doors to potential career opportunities
- Utilize popular Python libraries for diverse applications
- A computer - Windows, Mac, or Linux. All set-up and installation instructions are included
- Basic English and math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division). This course intuitively applies these basic concepts to create powerful programs!
- Desire to learn this in-demand skill!
Why This Course?
This course provides you with everything you need to know about the fundamentals of programming in 5 hours. This no-fluff approach is perfect for new programmers who want to journey into programming.
This guide is the perfect stepping stone in figuring out what you want to do with the skill. Once your fundamentals are well-grounded, you can then go on to take a targeted course in a more advanced branch - Machine Learning, Data Science, Web Scraping, the possibilities are endless!
Python is an up-and-coming skill used in world class companies such as Google, Facebook and Netflix. Python coders return an annual income of > $100,000. Python is one of the easiest languages to pick up, yet once mastered, it is a powerful language applicable nearly anywhere!
Overview of Content
Course tailored to gradually build on the concepts you learn "bit by bit" as you progress. First learn about variables and data types, followed by how to store them in lists and dictionaries. Then, learn how to loop through these dictionaries and lists and finally apply all these concepts to design functions and classes that serve as mini robots that can perform specific tasks.
This "bit-by-bit" approach ensures that you get a lot of practice in continuously applying what you learnt so it sticks with you and will be at your fingertips when you venture further into the world of coding after this 5-hour course.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners with no previous programming experience
- Newer Python programmers who want to have a well-structured guide for quick and easy refreshers on any fundamental Python concept
- This course is not for experienced programmers!
Upon successfully launching Build A Code, a coding academy that offers personalised coding programmes, I launched the Udemy Python course in 2021 to make it available to a wider audience.
I began my programming journey after graduating from University of Warwick, UK in 2017. As a labour economist at the central bank, I quickly noticed the role of programming in future jobs. I use self-taught programming skills at my current job and landed a data scientist contract at a health start-up.
My goal is to introduce coding to beginners in an intuitive and relatable manner, using a good mix of basic English, math and logic. I would like to inspire a journey into programming for anyone who finds programming daunting and is unsure where to begin. My courses are specially curated based on my experience self-learning programming and applying it to current and new jobs as well as in teaching coding through Build A Code (100% 5-star rating).
When I am not staring at a screen for work, you can find me travelling the world or on a field playing ultimate frisbee, both at the same time if I'm lucky!