Python from absolute beginner to a comfortable Intermediate
What you'll learn
- You will be taught Everything you need to know about python from absolute beginners to comfortable intermediate
- Students should understand the Anaconda framework including; create virtual environments, installing libraries
- Read and write data to Databases i.e. SQLite, PostGres, Firebase Databases
- Students will have full comprehension about file handling in python
- Working on Github and GitHub desktop, Github for Spyder i.e. Create repositories, commit and push to cloud
- Students should be able to debug their own codes and handle errors/exceptions
- Students should be able to imagine how the python intepreter intepretes code
- Students would know how to use requests to get data via api and visualize them on charts
- Student's mentality towards programming will be geared towards problem solving
- Student's should be able to veer into other fields of programming; app development, data science etc.
- No prior experience or knowledge needed. I am going to treat students as absolute beginners
- I will show you every step from scratch
I don't just want to teach you "How to do " stuff", but I want to help you understand why they are used and when to use them. By the end of this course, you will think and imagine code like a real programmer.
The ultimate aim of this course is to move you from an absolute beginner who has no idea where to start from or how to code at all to a comfortable intermediate programmer ready to veer into any aspect of programming including; web-dev, app-dev, data science, machine learning, data mining, etc.
This means we will learn from scratch the basics;
from installing a simple and easy-to-use environment (a place where we write code) , learning the common data types and data structures in python, proceeding to control flows and functional programming by which time you would have been comfortable with the syntax and logic of the language.
Then we shall proceed to intermediate concepts where will learn some more functional programming and Object-Oriented Programming.
Later in the course, I will be showing you how to work with databases to store data by reading and writing to them as well as working on GitHub.
Every section of the course will include an assignment/quiz or task for you to try your hands; I believe that the best way of learning is by making mistakes. These tasks are well selected to suit the difficulty level of that section/video.
I can't wait to have you on board, why don't you join the chariot now!
Who this course is for:
- People who curious about programming in general
- Python developers who want to re-orient their mind to solve programming problems
- Absolute Beginner pythonists
- Intermediates or beginners who want to sharpen their core knowledge about python and python concepts
My name is Kojo Justine, and I’m a Geomatic Engineer from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST). I am currently a Teaching and Research Assistant at the same university – KNUST.
Personally, I just want to be the best version of myself, explore my potential, and contribute to society and especially my family.
My professional, as well as my academic goal, is to study satellite images using machine learning models. To extract information and visualize the extracted data to give insight into various phenomena. The most delicate of which is the rapidly low supply of fresh water in Ghana – my motherland.
About 70% of the surface of the earth is covered with water. Although water is abundant on the earth, only about 2.5% of the total is freshwater. With the exponential growth in world population over the years, there is obvious pressure on natural resources most especially freshwater.
So as a geomatic engineer, I am studying how to predict fresh groundwater and determine its volume to improve the supply of fresh water.
But the fact remains; teaching is something I enjoy doing!