Python for Excel: Use xlwings for Data Science and Finance
What you'll learn
- Automate Excel with clean and powerful Python Code
- Learn and master the xlwings library from 0 to 100
- Use Excel as Graphical User Interface (GUI) and run your Python code with Excel
- Create powerful Dashboard Apps with Excel (frontend) and Python (backend)
- Use powerful Data Visualization Tools (Matplotlib, Seaborn) in Excel
- Learn Python from scratch with a taylor-made Crash Course (For Python beginners)
- Write UDFs (user defined functions) and use Numpy, Pandas and Machine Learning Libraries directly in Excel
- Write Excel tools with Python instead of VBA and call your code directly from within Excel
- Use xlwings to automate Excel reports with Python
- Prototype Web apps
- Write and use Dynamic Arrays with xlwings
- Run your financial model 10,000 times & more with a Python Monte Carlo Simulation
- Load (financial) data from Web APIs directly into Excel
- Run Python Scripts from within Excel with Run main and RunPython
- Replace VBA macros with clean and powerful Python code
- A desktop computer (Windows or Mac) capable of storing and running Python/Anaconda. The course will walk you through installing the necessary free software.
- An internet connection capable of streaming HD Videos.
- A working installation of Microsoft Excel.
- Mac users are welcome. Please note that 10%-15% of the course content (UDFs) work on Windows only!
- Willingness to code and work with Python.
Excel vs. Python - what is the best tool for Data Science, Business and Finance?
The answer is: Use Excel and Python together and integrate both tools with xlwings. Get the best of two worlds!
With xlwings, you can use Python Data Science libraries like Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Matplotlib, Seaborn and Scikit-learn directly in Excel! You can run Python code in Excel and boost your Excel projects! More and more Professionals and Developers use
Excel as Frontend
Python as analytical Backend.
This course is the perfect choice for
Experienced Python Coders: Use Excel as Graphical User Interphase (GUI) | Run your Python scripts with Excel | Present your results with Excel Dashboards
Excel Users and complete Python Beginners: Boost your Excel projects with clean and powerful Python code!
Mixed Groups: Non-Coders can run and use Python code simply by clicking on buttons in Excel.
Why take this course?
You will learn and master the xlwings library from scratch
For Excel Users and complete Python Beginners: This course includes a Python Crash Course that is tailor-made for you!
It´s the most comprehensive and practical (hands-on) xlwings course on the web
It covers three comprehensive real-world projects.
Project 1: You will learn how to boost your financial model in Excel by adding a Python Monte Carlo Simulation - Run your Excel calculation 10,000 times with different sets of inputs and analyze the results!
Project 2: You will learn how to create Bloomberg-like Stock Dashboard Apps with Excel (Graphical User Interface) and Python (analytical Backend).
Project 3: You will learn how to use Pandas methods and functions on your datasets directly in Excel.
Why use Excel?
There is no better Graphical User Interface (GUI) and Reporting tool than Excel. Excel is
widely spread (750 million users)
intuitive to use
most users are well-trained
it requires low/zero set up
it requires low/zero maintenance
and it´s still the best choice for financial models & spreadsheet calculations
Why use Python?
With hundreds of powerful Libraries, Python is the first choice for Data Science, Machine Learning and advanced analytics in Business and Finance. The Python Ecosystem is way more powerful and versatile than VBA. And it´s cleaner and easier to learn and apply!
Why learn and master xlwings?
xlwings is the perfect tool to integrate Excel and Python! xlwings allows you to
Automate Excel from Python e.g. to produce reports or to interact with Jupyter Notebooks.
Write macros in Python that you can run from buttons in Excel, e.g. to load in data from a database or an external API.
Write UDFs (user-defined functions) and leverage the power from NumPy, Pandas and machine learning libraries.
Leverage Python's scientific stack for interactive data analysis using Jupyter Notebooks, NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, etc.
Use xlwings to automate Excel reports with Python.
Write Excel tools with Python instead of VBA and call your code directly from within Excel, e.g. via a button on the sheet.
This also works great for prototyping web apps.
Write (array) UDFs in a breeze by taking advantage of all the functionality already available in libraries like NumPy and Pandas.
Dynamic array formulas are supported.
As always, there is no risk for you as I offer a 30-Days-Money-Back-Guarantee. Looking forward to seeing you in the course!
(Mac users are welcome! However, please note that 10%-15% of the course content (UDFs) is currently not available on Mac!)
Who this course is for:
- Data Scientist and Finance Professionals seeking to use Excel as Frontend and Python as analytical Backend in their Projects.
- Excel professionals seeking to write Excel tools with clean Python code instead of VBA/Marcos.
- Python Beginners are welcome as the course includes a Python Crash Course designed for Excel Professionals.
- Python Developers seeking to work with Excel as GUI (Graphical User Interface).
Alexander is a Data Scientist and Finance Professional with more than 10 years of experience in the Finance and Investment Industry.
He is also a Bestselling Udemy Instructor for
- Data Analysis/Manipulation with Pandas
- (Financial) Data Science
- Python for Business and Finance
- Algorithmic Trading
Alexander started his career in the traditional Finance sector and moved step-by-step into Data-driven and Artificial Intelligence-driven Finance roles. He is currently working on cutting-edge Fintech projects and creates solutions for Algorithmic Trading and Robo Investing. And Alexander is excited to share his knowledge with others here on Udemy. Students who completed his courses work in the largest and most popular tech and finance companies all over the world.
Alexander´s courses have one thing in common: Content and concepts are practical and real-world proven. The clear focus is on acquiring skills and understanding concepts rather than memorizing things.
Alexander holds a Master´s degree in Finance and passed all three CFA Exams (he is currently no active member of the CFA Institute).