Python & Excel: Easily migrate spreadsheets to a database
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Reading data from Excel documents
- Writing data to Excel documents
- Migrate data from Excel documents to a database
- Create objects that represent tables in a database
Learn how to read single cell, single row, and single column values with openpyxl.
- You should know the basics of Python
- You should know what a Excel document is
- You should know the concept of a database
Welcome! Learn to use Python for migrating your excel files in almost any format to a relational database.
- The first section of this course is a basic introduction to
openpyxl: the ideas behind reading and writing data from and to Excel.
- In the second section we will see how to read from multiple Excel
documents and save them to a database. The database could be any relational database, but for this section we will use SQLite, as it's fast to setup and easy to use.
- The third section is a more advanced case, where we will learn how to deal with a more 'messy' Excel document and with a more complex database structure using a foreign key.
- For the next sections, I like to hear from you what you would like! :-) At the moment I'm first thinking of some other kind of databases, like MySQL and PostgreSQL. But let me know
- Those who want to parse or create Excel documents with Python
- Those who need to migrate their Excel documents to a database