Python and Spark - Setup Development Environment
- Basic computer skills
- At least 4 GB RAM
- 64 bit operating system (preferably Windows 10)
Challenges to setup development environment using Windows
- Require external tools such as 7z to uncompress and untar
- Understanding about environment variables
- Compatibility issues with Windows internals (winutils)
- File paths with special characters
- and more
It is very important to set up development environment addressing all the challenges so that we can spend time in development. Most of the above issues is road blocks for beginners.
Hence we created brief course covering all the important aspects of setting up development environment for Python and Spark.
Once you complete this course, you can proceed with other courses which will cover Spark with Python.
- Any one who want to learn Python and then Spark
- Introduction - Setup Python, PyCharm and Spark on Windows
- Understanding Pre-requisites
- Setup Python on Windows 10
- Configure Environment Variables for Python
- Setup Pycharm on Windows 10
- Develop Python application using PyCharm with Run time Parameters
- Download Spark - Compressed tar ball
- Install 7z to uncompress and untar compressed tar balls
- Setup Spark using downloaded compressed tar ball
- Install JDK and JRE on Windows 10
- Configure environment variables for Spark
- Setup Winutils for integration of HDFS APIs and Windows file system
- Develop simple Pyspark application using PyCharm
13+ years of experience in executing complex projects using vast array of technologies including Big Data and Cloud.
I found itversity, llc - a US based startup to provide quality training for IT professionals and staffing as well as consulting solutions for enterprise clients. I have trained thousands of IT professionals in vast array of technologies including Big Data and Cloud.
Building IT career for people and provide quality services to the clients will be paramount to our organization.
As an entry strategy itversity will be providing quality training in the areas of ABCD
* Application Development
* Big Data and Business Intelligence
* Datawarehousing, Databases
We have built a team to support going forward. If you send messages to this account for our courses, they will be sent to our Helpdesk from where we will be rewriting to our team.