Python and Flask Bootcamp: Create Websites using Flask!
What you'll learn
- Learn basic HTML to create templates
- Learn basic CSS to style your webpages
- Understand Python, including Functions, Decorators, and Object Oriented Programming
- Use Flask to create basic landing pages
- Use WTForms to accept user inputs from a Flask Application
- Use Flask and SQLAlchemy as an ORM for a SQL database
- Use blueprints to structure larger Flask Applications
- Create a fully functioning Social Network Site with Flask
- Enable User Authentication and Authorization with Flask
- Understand OAuth with Flask Applications
- Create simple REST APIs with Flask
- Accept Payments with Stripe and Flask
- Permissions to download Python on to your computer (basic Admin permissions)
Welcome to the best online resource for learning how to create websites with Python and Flask!
I'm Jose Portilla and I've created this course to help you develop a true understanding of the ins and outs of creating amazing websites with the latest technologies in Python and Flask! I teach over 500,000 students online and I'm happy to get the chance to help others learn the amazing power of programming!
This course will be your complete definitive guide for developing fully functional websites with the Flask web framework. We'll start with crash courses in the basic front end technologies for HTML, CSS, and Boostrap 4. Once you have a good understanding of the basics of these front end technologies, we'll begin our journey with Python and Flask. The course includes a complete Python refresher that starts with the very basics and quickly takes you through the advanced features, including functions, decorators, object oriented programming, and more!
Once we understand HTML, CSS, Bootstrap 4, and Python we're ready to tackle Flask and learn about all the amazing features it has! We'll create basic landing pages with Flask and Python, then show you how to connect templates to Flask do you can connect your Flask Application to HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap based templates. We'll also cover how to use the Jinja template engine to directly connect your flask application to your front end files to customize your websites.
Then we'll learn how to create forms to accept user information, how to save that information to a SQL database, and relay it back to the user.
This course includes a fully complete Social Network project that includes, User Logins, Followers, Authentication, Blueprints, Templates, SQL Databases, and more!
In this course we'll cover everything you need to know, including:
- Crash Course on HTML
- Crash Course on CSS
- Crash Course on Bootstrap 4
- Complete Overview of Python 3
- Utilizing Flask Basics
- Creating Templates with Flask and Jinja
- Creating Forms with Flask and WTForms
- Creating Databases with SQL and connecting them to Flask
- Structuring Large Flask Applications with Blueprints
- Creating User Login, Registration, and Authentication
- Creating Full Applications, including a Social Network Project
- REST APIs with Flask
- Accepting Payments with Stripe
- and much more!
So what are you waiting for? Sign up today and begin your journey to creating amazing websites with the power of programming with Flask and Python!
I will see you inside the course!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to create websites with Flask
Jose Marcial Portilla has a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from Santa Clara University and years of experience as a professional instructor and trainer for Data Science, Machine Learning and Python Programming. He has publications and patents in various fields such as microfluidics, materials science, and data science. Over the course of his career he has developed a skill set in analyzing data and he hopes to use his experience in teaching and data science to help other people learn the power of programming, the ability to analyze data, and the skills needed to present the data in clear and beautiful visualizations. Currently he works as the Head of Data Science for Pierian Training and provides in-person data science and python programming training courses to employees working at top companies, including General Electric, Cigna, The New York Times, Credit Suisse, McKinsey and many more. Feel free to check out the website link to find out more information about training offerings.