Crash course: Data analytics in Python using Pandas
- Basic Python - from my FREE No Nonsense Python Course
- The Pandas library should be installed - which you can do using 'pip install python'
- Python should already be installed
The demand for data engineers is greater than ever. So, there is no better time to upskill; learn Python and specifically data engineering.
I'll take you through the core concepts of dataframes, which are a key data structure within Pandas. We'll learn to ingest, clean and analyse the data and by the end of the course, you'll be in a position to use Python & Pandas on your own data to extract valuable insight.
The idea isn’t to become an expert through this course. The idea is to become confident in the core concepts of Python and Pandas so you can solve real-world problems today and so you can continue your learning by doing.
Because, nobody becomes an expert through taking a course (no matter how long they are), you only truly become an expert by getting out there & solving problems.
For this course, you'll need some basic Python knowledge, which you can gain from my FREE No Nonsense Python course here on Udemy.
You will need to have Python installed and the Pandas library installed - which you can do using 'pip install pandas'.
- Beginner Python Developers
- Those interested in data analytics
- Project introduction: What's the data & what do we want to achieve?00:55
- Ingesting data & cleaning it up09:12
- Initial insight from the data07:37
- Extracting a little more insight01:50
- Importing data05:00
- Inspecting our dataframe - what do we have to work with?03:13
- Handling missing values03:34
- Removing duplicated data02:00
- Where Statements03:55
- Selecting specific fields from the dataframe01:15
- Replacing values in our dataframe01:57
- Group By01:49
- Ranking our dataframes on a specific field value02:57
- The Apply function: data cleanup & additional insight02:42
- Write dataframes back to files01:11
- Your challenge, if you accept it01:50
- Challenge solution05:02
- A real world example of using Pandas02:20
- Where do I go from here?00:22
- Thank you00:36
Hey guys! I am a data engineer by trade and specialize in Python, SQL, Spark, Hive, MongoDB and more. I've come on Udemy to try and make simple, short crash courses into these technologies as I personally find the longer courses too drawn out & I often lose interest. The idea is to keep it short and sharp!
For loads of advanced Spark, Python & Big Data topics, please visit my website (the button on this page will take you there) - where I talk about scaling up to enterprise grade solutions.