Learn Python 3.6 for Total Beginners
- A PC or laptop with internet access
This course teaches you the fundamentals of any programming language, with Python 3.6 and Anaconda 5.0.0 with Jupyter Notebook!
You'll be learning:
- Installing Jupyter Notebook IDE
- Using all the vital features of Jupyter Notebook
- Variables and comparison operators
- Strings, slicing and formatting
- Lists, Dictionaries and Tuples
- Control flow (if, elif, else)
- Advanced for loops and while loops
- List comprehension
- Functions and built-in functions
- Random module
- Lambda expressions
- Handling errors
- Working with text files
There are a total of 7 exercises between sections 3 to 8 with brain teasing tasks, along with full solutions provided in both lectures and in pdf format.
This course will be updated this month (12/2017) with extra content.
This is a taster of multiple up and coming courses I have in the pipeline, primarily in Python, but also other programming languages which will be released very soon!
P.S. I'd appreciate a 5 star review for this free course as that would help me out a lot to create to more content. If you'd rather give a low review, please do so after completing at least 50% of the course.
Who this course is for:
- Newbies to programming or new to Python
- 03:19Installing Jupyter Notebook with Python
- 13:01Command Terminal (PC + MAC)
- 11:58Overview of Jupyter Notebook (with PC + MAC short-cuts)
Hi, I'm Michael S. Russell. I'm a recent post-graduate with BEng in Petroleum Engineering and a MSc in Financial Mathematics.
For my MSc dissertation, I created a Google Trends trading algorithm using Python, and have been programming with this awesome language for around 3 years now.
I'm keen on reaching out and teaching as many people as possible. I create free versions of my paid courses as an ultimate freebie that helps satiate any students curiousity. I also take any constructive criticism on board so that I can further improve my ability to teach you, the student to not only learn, but most importantly of all, have fun!