Learn Python 3.6 for Total Beginners
- A PC or laptop with internet access
This course teaches you the fundamentals of any programming language, with Python 3.6 and Anaconda 5.0.0 with Jupyter Notebook!
You'll be learning:
- Installing Jupyter Notebook IDE
- Using all the vital features of Jupyter Notebook
- Variables and comparison operators
- Strings, slicing and formatting
- Lists, Dictionaries and Tuples
- Control flow (if, elif, else)
- Advanced for loops and while loops
- List comprehension
- Functions and built-in functions
- Random module
- Lambda expressions
- Handling errors
- Working with text files
There are a total of 7 exercises between sections 3 to 8 with brain teasing tasks, along with full solutions provided in both lectures and in pdf format.
This course will be updated this month (12/2017) with extra content.
This is a taster of multiple up and coming courses I have in the pipeline, primarily in Python, but also other programming languages which will be released very soon!
P.S. I'd appreciate a 5 star review for this free course as that would help me out a lot to create to more content. If you'd rather give a low review, please do so after completing at least 50% of the course.
- Newbies to programming or new to Python
- Installing Jupyter Notebook with Python03:19
- Command Terminal (PC + MAC)13:01
- Overview of Jupyter Notebook (with PC + MAC short-cuts)11:58
- Variables and Mathematical Operators06:47
- Boolean and Comparison Operators (new version)08:05
- Strings and Len (new version)11:19
- Slice, Split and Join12:49
- Formatting Strings (new version)09:10
- Lists and Range10:21
- Tuples and Built-in Functions04:08
- Dictionaries (new version)09:27
- Control Flow (if, elif, else)17:04
- For Loops15:30
- While Loops22:12
- Loops with Control Flow06:46
- Break, Pass, and Continue04:20
- Zip and Enumerate18:40
- List Comprehension10:09
- Random module13:37
- Built-in Functions15:17
- Lambda Expressions08:28
- Try, Except, and Finally20:02
- Working with txt Files20:42
- BONUS LECTURE: Discount Coupons for new course00:44
Hi, I'm Michael S. Russell. I'm a recent post-graduate with BEng in Petroleum Engineering and a MSc in Financial Mathematics.
For my MSc dissertation, I created a Google Trends trading algorithm using Python, and have been programming with this awesome language for around 3 years now.
I'm keen on reaching out and teaching as many people as possible. I create free versions of my paid courses as an ultimate freebie that helps satiate any students curiousity. I also take any constructive criticism on board so that I can further improve my ability to teach you, the student to not only learn, but most importantly of all, have fun!