Real World Python Test Automation with Pytest (Django app)
What you'll learn
- Learn the ins and outs of Pytest
- Build a real world Django web server
- Build a continuous integration system
- Testing Best Practices
- Build high-performing, reliable automated test suites
- Allure Reporting
- Slack messaging
- Unit, Integration, E2E, performance tests
- Mocking and Patching
- Advanced knowledge of python - This is NOT a beginner course
This is a MUST course for anyone who cares about testing.
I teach the ins and outs of pytest while building a real-world Django application (including a continuous integration system in bitbucket).
In this course, we will build a very simple Django server, I will teach just enough Django so that we will be able to build the application and then focus on testing it.
We will together test the application from all angels - Unit tests, integration tests, API tests, end-to-end tests , and performance tests with (a total of over 40 tests)
You will end up with a complete CI system that integrates bitbucket cloud pipelines, slack messaging, and allure reporting.
Every time we will make a push, the CI system will run our tests and will notify us if the build passed/failed.
In this course, we go in-depth, and we will even implement together (from scratch) some of pytest's features so that we will know what happens under the hood when pytest is running our tests.
This is not an entry-level course; basic knowledge of python is needed
You will learn:
Pytest features (in-depth)
unittest library, mocks
Django (just enough to build a web server)
Continuous Integration (in-depth)
Bitbucket environment variables
Slack messaging integration
Mocking. Patching, Stubs
Python best practice
Virtual environments: pipenv
Recreating react our projects UI (No prior knowledge is needed
Who this course is for:
- Developers who are interested in writing quality tests for their applications
- Python Developers curious about Pytest
- Anyone who wants to build or improve an automated testing framework
- QA Engineers who wants to learn about pytest
I am a passionate Software Engineer with years of experience in back-end development, one of the first engineers at Orca Security, and now I am working as a Customer Engineer at Google Cloud.
BSC in Computer Science from the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
I have always been a fan of teaching and mentorship and I am teaching CS courses(Functional Programming and Introduction to CS) at Reichman University, Israel.