Quasar V1: PWA (with Vue JS 2, Firebase, NodeJS & Express)
What you'll learn
- How to create a beautiful Instagram clone PWA with Vue JS, Quasar & Firebase
- How to integrate the 5 Core PWA Features: Home Screen Installation, Precaching, Caching Strategies, Background Sync & Push Notifications
- How to make a PWA fully functional offline
- How to create a gorgeous responsive design that adapts across Mobile & Desktop
- How to access the device's Native Camera & Location
- All about Service Workers, Workbox, Firebase Cloud Firestore, Firebase Storage, NodeJS & Express and much more
- Basic VueJS knowledge is beneficial but not required
- A Mac for development is preferred (for testing the app on iOS)
In this course, I'm gonna show you how to use Quasar Framework V1, Vue JS 2 and Firebase to create an amazing Progressive Web App (PWA).
We're gonna create a gorgeous Instagram clone called Quasagram.
In this app we can display a list of posts; each post has an image, location, caption and the date the image was taken.
We can access the user's camera and take a photo, enter a caption, find the user's location and create a new post.
It's gonna have a beautiful responsive design that adapts across Desktop & Mobile.
We're gonna store all our data in a Firebase Cloud Firestore database.
We'll store our photos in Firebase Storage.
We're gonna create our own NodeJS & Express backend with several different endpoints for interacting with the database.
We'll incorporate all of the 5 Core PWA features:
Home Screen Installation
We'll get the app working on iOS, Android & all the main desktop browsers, and it'll even fall back gracefully for older browsers like Internet Explorer.
You'll also learn about Service Workers, Workbox, Firebase Cloud Firestore database, Firebase Storage, NodeJS & Express and much more.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to create your own Progressive Web Apps using Vue JS, Quasar Framework, Firebase, NodeJS & Express.
NOTE: This course is for Quasar V1 (with Vue 2). Quasar V2 (with Vue 3) is not covered in this course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to create a beautiful PWA that works on all platforms (and falls back gracefully to older/unsupportive browsers)
After becoming more interested in apps, I worked for 2 years as a Hybrid App Developer, creating cross-platform apps for the charity sector using technologies including Angular, Ionic, Vue.js and more.
I created my own successful app called Fudget (for iOS, Android, Mac & Windows) which is the highest user-rated personal finance app on iOS with over 1.5 million downloads. This eventually enabled me to leave my job and become a full-time Indie App Developer, working on my own apps.
I have a young but successful YouTube channel where I also share coding tutorials.
I'm super excited to share my knowledge on Udemy!