Pumping Viscous Fluids using Centrifugal Pumps
What you'll learn
- Which type of pumps are suitable for handling viscous fluids
- Convert the water based performance of a centrifugal pump to the performance with a known viscous fluid
- Make a selection of a pump from the water based performance curves once the viscous fluid performance parameters are given
- Quantify the draw the system head curves for a given viscous fluid and ascertain the operating point
- Assess the impact of viscosity on the NPSH of a pump
- Learn the essentials of conducting pump performance test with a viscous fluid
- Basic engineering back ground
- Acquaintance with basic knowledge of pumps and pumping systems
- Hands-on with calculations and some math
This course on “Pumping viscous fluids using centrifugal pumps” includes information available on the topic in the form of international papers, pump manufacturer's recommendations, technical literature, and standards which has been sifted and collated to form a cohesive content of practical value. It contains:
Calculations using formulae,
Graphs and tables,
and worked examples.
The course focuses on the pumping systems and it covers:
Conversion of pump performance on water to viscous fluids and vice-versa,
System head curve calculations,
Types of mechanical seals and sealing systems,
NPSH measurement and calculations,
Pump testing procedure using viscous fluids.
Thus, it provides a great opportunity to those who are keen to understand the effect of viscous fluids on the centrifugal pumps performance and are eager to apply these lessons to their pumping systems.
Who this course is for:
- Process engineers and process designers from process industry dealing with viscous fluids and pumps
- People responsible for selection, purchase and inspections of pumps for process industry
- R&D persons and team members
- Maintenance and operations staff
- Professionals seeking knowledge and growth
The instructor has a master’s degree in engineering from UCD California, USA with 35 years of work experience mostly in the design, manufacturing and applications of pumps in the field. He has worked with a leading pump manufacturing company in Germany and has been heading the operations in China, Far East and Pakistan. His expertise includes:
· Pumps and pumping systems design, manufacturing, maintenance and operation, trouble-shooting for assorted applications.
· Optimisation of Pumping system performance, condition monitoring, remaining life assessment and enhancement, energy saving and safety.
· Quality Assurance Systems design, development & implementation.
· Failure Root Cause Analysis.