Publish Your Children's Picture Book
What you'll learn
- Craft stronger, tighter children's picture book stories
- Confidently illustrate your own book, or quickly and easily find professional illustrators at 1/10th of the cost.
- Professionally design your own book's interior and cover
- Get your book in print for <$5 (+s/h)
- Early lessons will guide you through the writing process. It is not necessary to have a completed first draft before beginning the course.
Imagine the amazing feeling in your future when that special child in your life is being tucked in at night and looks up into your eyes and says, “Tell me a story…" and you bring out your very own book, read the title, watch the child touch its glossy cover and ask, “Is this the book you wrote for me???"
In this easy-to-follow-along course, you'll learn how to not only write the book of your dreams, but to revise, illustrate, design, and publish your most compelling children's picture book.
- Learn editor and publisher Demi Stevens' ninja-stealth trick to writing better and faster 1st drafts.
- Write your book, step by step. You'll also learn industry-insider tips to revising so your very next draft becomes a polished manuscript - ready to roll!
- Make your book's text and story line really shine on the page, complete with done-for-you Book Templates which make it DIY simple.
- Find your book's perfect illustrator, along learn tried-and-true techniques which allow even grade school students to illustrate their own titles with success. You'll also learn how to perfectly scan those finished illustrations and insert them in your book's digital file.
- Walk step-by-step through basic, intermediate, and pro techniques to polish your book's text and illustrations.
- Get your book in print! BONUS GUARANTEE: When you use this method, your book will be made available for sale on Amazon worldwide.
And… if your dream is larger than just reading your book to that special child in your life… you'll have the skills you need to move forward on a career as a PUBLISHED AUTHOR… or even to open an independent publishing company of your own.
The choice is up to you! Your journey begins today!
Who this course is for:
- Perfect for writers who have struggled to get their story down in print, or move it beyond the first draft.
- This course is ideal for writers who want to self-publish multiple books.
- Ideal for DIY enthusiasts who love creating new things.
- Perfect for parents and grandparents who want to create a legacy item for their children and grandchildren.
- Absolutely ideal for teachers who could utilize course information inside their classrooms (grades 4+) to help students write, illustrate, design, and publish their own books.
- This course is NOT for the technology-phobic. You will receive step-by-step instruction for each process, but students MUST be willing to embrace technology!
Dr. Demi Stevens, CEO of Year of the Book Press, provides concierge-level coaching, editing, and indie publishing services to new and established authors. She holds degrees from West Virginia University, Capital University, Northwestern University and Ohio State, and has taught as an adjunct instructor at Delaware Valley College in Doylestown, PA.
For nearly a decade, she served as Library Director of Paul Smith Library of Southern York County, where she received Central Penn Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” award for leadership. As founder of York Book Expo in 2013, Dr. Stevens creates a showcase each Fall for 100 local and regional authors. After launching her publishing company, she received the Central Penn “Woman of Influence” award, and has helped hundreds of authors write, edit, and publish with compassionate yet professional 1-on-1 service.
Smart, funny, and fiercely cheerful, she believes in the power of words and great storytelling to change lives. Your words. Your stories. Your life… and the lives of your readers.