Publicity For Authors
- 30 mins on-demand video
- 1 article
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create your complete marketing material
- Represent yourself well for publicity
- Protect the work you own
- Soon to be or current published author
This course for authors gives the tricks of solid marketing and techniques to getting the best publicity. You will get maximum results.
This course is intended for authors or soon to be authors who want the best success with their book sales.
Before marketing, the first step is to copyright your work as well as all marketing materials you will be using.
The course describes the difference between marketing and publicity. Publicity is the vehicle for which the marketing content is delivered. You'll learn three element categories for marketing that are tied together to make a comprehensive package. This package will be delivered through your publicity efforts.
This course is based on the book "Publicity Made Simple: Success With Media Relations" by David K. Ewen, M.Ed.
- Author selling book
- Marketing are the elements that describe why your product is worth buying by the consumer
- Publicity is the vehicle to get the marketing elements to the consumer so they know about your product.
An example is a newspaper ad.
- What is written in the ad is the marketing
- The newspaper itself is the publicity
Both need to work together to be effective. You need marketing and publicity together to reach the consumer to explain why your product is worth buying.
The WHO and the WHAT are the RASCIL factors describing the content creator and the product. For example the RASCIL factors describe the author and the book in identifying terms "who" and "what"
The WHY is the answer to WIIFM. This is the question the consumer is asking about your product
To understand the 5 W's, it is important to review WIIFM and RASCIL briefly.
- The WHEN is any type of time frame represented - This is very flexible
- The WHERE is any type of location represented - This is also very flexible