Public Speaking & Presentation Skills
What you'll learn
- You will learn the art of presenting with confidence and clarity. Public speaking is something that is daunting to most people, however it needn't be. With this structured course, you will learn techniques for overcoming stage fright and presenting with ease.
- You will learn how to set effective objectives and storyboard your talk for maximum impact. Engaging your audience with enthusiasm and knowledge.
- You will discover the effects of body language on you and your audience and learn techniques to present at your best.
- You will learn about the effective use of slides and visual aids.
- You will be shown example presentations and where they could have been improved.
- You will discover simple techniques for the best use of microphones.
- Just a willingness to practice and learn
You will learn skills right from the start. You will see practical examples to enable you to understand your strengths and areas for development. We look at each key skill individually and give you techniques you can apply immediately. We begin with building a structured approach for preparing your presentation, move on to gaining self-confidence through tried and tested techniques and then explore the different elements of the delivery itself. We look at body language, the use of slides, microphones and handling questions. We end with a checklist for a consistent, professional approach every time.
This course is particularly helpful if you have a presentation coming up. I would suggest you work through from the beginning, developing your presentation, using the models described, as you go. By the end you will have written and rehearsed your talk and will be ready to engage your audience with greater confidence.
Who this course is for:
- Those looking to improve their public speaking ability, from beginner to advanced.
- People who want to develop techniques for gaining confidence and engaging an audience.
- Someone looking for a solid structure and technique
Stewart has a varied background. He trained as an actor (Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts), graduating in 1982, worked in sales as an account manager for BT, retrained as a voice coach (Guildhall School of Music and Drama), became the Head of Voice at East E15 acting school and set up Talking Shop Training Ltd in 1992. He went on to become a practitioner of NLP (NLP Life training), a qualified Hypnotherapist (Atkinson Ball College) and is an accredited Myndflex® coach. He has worked for international organisations, educational bodies and individuals from the public and private sector. He has helped Barristers, Broadcasters, Business people, Politicians and University lecturers engage their audience and deliver their message with confidence and clarity.