Public Speaking Made Easy
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 26 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the components of speech writing.
- Think critically about their audience.
- Use successful delivery techniques.
- Willingness to learn.
- Hard drive space or flash drive to save handouts.
This course will give you all the tools and information to give a great speech. This course follows the same outline that an introduction communication course at the junior college level would use. By the end of the course students will have acquired the knowledge necessary to craft and present a speech confidently. Topics covered include speaking ethics, research and support, outlining and organization, delivery, and dealing with anxiety. Keywords: Speech, Public Speaking, Presentation, Communication
The course is broken into three components;
1. The Audience; covering the communication model, introduction to public speaking, speaking ethics, and attention factors.
2. Crafting the Speech; covering the basic organization of a speech, thesis development, writing introductions and conclusions, structuring and supporting main body points, patterns of organization, difference between informative and persuasive speaking, and doing research for your speech.
3. Delivering your Speech; covering visual aids, language usage, delivery skills and anxiety reduction, non-verbal communication and vocal qualities.
- Those wanting to improve speech writing.
- Those wanting to increase their speaking effectiveness.