Public Speaking for Authors 101
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn how to plan, prepare, and present with confidence in your public speaking at author events.
- This is a beginner course on preparing yourself for your first public speaking events and there are no prerequisites or materials needed.
In this course you'll learn how to jump into public speaking as an author and prepare to do presentations with confidence (in any situation!).
We'll cover 6 steps to follow to create the foundation for a successful public speaking event:
2. Creating your presentation
3. How to use visual aids
4. Setting the stage
5. Combating anxiety
6. Going the extra mile!
As authors, we are often in the public eye which can include presenting at conferences, being a guest author at conventions, giving school assemblies, doing group author events, and much more.
Saying YES to these opportunities will enable you to get over your public speaking fear, network with readers and writers, and build an influencing community around you.
- This course is right for you if you are a debut author, just finished a book and plan to publish, or have your first book out and have a desire to do public events.