Public Speaking Essentials: How to Craft Your Personal Story
- View these lectures with a journal or notepad so you can record and develop personal story ideas.
Would you like to tell personal stories that impact and engage any audience?
How would you like to use your own PERSONAL STORIES to leave a lasting impression with any kind of group?
You don't have to be a TED Talks speaker to benefit from the practical, action-ready lessons in this course.
All you need is a willingness to develop your own personal stories.
I have been a classroom teacher for 13 years, and I've spoken to groups of 10's and groups of 1000's, and one thing that I've learned through all of my experience is:
Audiences connect better to personal stories.
Studies of the brain show that personal storytelling engages an audience significantly more than just communicating facts and statistics.
In this course, I will show you the SIMPLE ACTIONS you need to take to make your own personal stories more engaging, more intriguing, and more memorable.
In this course you will:
* Understand the dramatic affect that storytelling has on public speaking
* 5 things to consider before crafting your personal stories
* 5 steps to writing an engaging personal story
* How to use your stories in a speech
All in all, this course will give you the tools to develop great personal stories and the understanding of how to incorporate them into any speech.
ENROLL TODAY, and get the benefit of Udemy's 100%, 30-day Money-back Guarantee!
- Public speakers, teachers, business men/women, or anyone who wants tell better stories will benefit from this well-structured and action-ready course.
- This course is recommend for anyone who wants to engage the imagination of audiences both large and small.
- Instructor & Structure01:18
- Introduce Yourself00:00
- How to Succeed In This Class01:10
- What Do I Mean by Storytelling?02:54
- The Brain Game: The Dramatic Affect Storytelling Has on the Brain04:11
- Don't Worry! You're Already a Natural Storyteller01:22
- Overview of "Be in the Know"00:55
- Know Your Purpose for Public Speaking07:25
- Know Your Purpose Recap01:03
- Know Your Constraints for Public Speaking04:21
- Know Your Constraints Recap02:02
- Know Your Audience for Public Speaking07:15
- Know Your Audience Recap01:35
- Know Your Desired Outcome for Public Speaking05:36
- Know Your Desired Outcome Recap01:20
- Know Your Story for Public Speaking04:21
- Know Your Story Recap01:45
- Overview of 5 Steps01:09
- WHAT IS a Story Bank?01:42
- HOW TO Build a Story Bank to Master Public Speaking01:28
- WHAT IS a Detail Storm Cloud?01:40
- HOW TO Create a Detail Storm Cloud to Master Public Speaking01:16
- WHAT IS a Personal Action Story?01:01
- HOW TO Write Your Personal Action Story to Master Public Speaking01:44
- WHAT IS Making the Main Point the Main Point?01:09
- HOW TO Make the Main Point the Main Point to Master Public Speaking01:53
- WHAT IS Preparing a Story for All Seasons?01:06
- HOW TO Prepare a Story for All Seasons to Master Public Speaking01:32
- How To Use These Stories in a Speech02:24
- 5 Points to Remember for Personal Stories & Public Speaking01:44
- Bonus Lecture: Turn Your Knowledge into Skill00:21
- Thank You01:45
- A Few Good Resources00:07
I want to help people creatively tell their stories by giving them the tools to engage other people with captivating ideas. My 14 years of classroom teaching and my master's degree in English Literature give me the experience to make my classes both creative and informative. People don't need a degree to enjoy learning -- but sometimes a little guidance goes a long way.