Public Speaking Complete Presentation Skills Masterclass A-Z
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Look comfortable, confident and relaxed in any speaking situation
- Speak in a clear and understandable manner
- How to quickly identify the goals of your audience without them knowing you did it
- A willingness to speak out loud and not simply read or watch videos about speaking
- No prior knowledge of how to make presentations using software is required
Public speaking is important in both business, education, and the public arena. There are many benefits to public speaking whether you're an individual or a business.
In this Course, we'll define public speaking for you. We'll also discuss the importance of public speaking in general as well as the importance of public speaking in business. Plus, we'll connect you to some resources that can help you become a better public speaker including some public speaking examples.
The Importance of Public Speaking
If you ask most people, they'll probably say they don't like public speaking. They may even admit to being afraid of it, since fear of public speaking is a very common fear. Or they may just be shy or introverted. For those reasons, many people avoid public speaking if they can. If you're one of those people who avoid public speaking, you're missing out.
Over the years, public speaking has played a major role in education, government, and business. Words have the power to inform, persuade, educate, and even entertain. And the spoken word can be even more powerful than the written word in the hands of the right speaker.
Whether you're a small business owner, a student, or just someone who's passionate about something—you'll benefit if you improve your public speaking skills, both personally and professionally. Some benefits to public speaking include:
Better research skills
Stronger deductive skills
Ability to advocate for causes
How to Become Better at Public Speaking
Okay, so now that you understand the benefits of public speaking, you might be a little more interested. Still, you might think it's not for you. Maybe you gave a speech once and it didn't go well. Maybe you're afraid of public speaking. Or maybe you think you don't have a natural ability for giving speeches.
The truth is that public speaking is a skill. It can be learned. While some people may have more natural speaking ability than others, or a more pleasing voice, or are more charismatic—anyone who can speak can learn to be a better public speaker than they are right now. It just takes some know-how and some effort.
To help you become better at public speaking, we'll take a look at these four areas:
Writing the speech
Overcoming a fear of speaking
Practicing the speech
Giving the speech
Enroll Today to know more..
- Anyone that is interested in improving or learning public speaking/speech/presentation skills.
- Anyone that wants to become a better public speaker than literally anybody you know
- People who want to improve their speaking skills, no matter their current speaking abilities
- Anyone who wants access to the world's largest and most comprehensive online course on public speaking