Psychology in Filmmaking: Create Films with Stronger Emotion
What you'll learn
- Techniques to better engage the audience on a subconscious level
- Why Colour choice is so important and how they target different emotions
- Meaning of different Camera Angles & Movements
- How Lighting creates different moods
- How Sound / Music / Silence create emotion
- Understand why Location and Set Decoration are so important in creating the right atmosphere
- What does it mean to have music Inside the film or Outside?
- What is the Kuleshov Effect and how does it apply so music?
- How to create films with more meaning and emotion
- A basic understanding of the technical aspects of filmmaking is helpful but not necessary.
What do you remember when you think of your favourite movies?... Most people remember a story or character they can relate to, or a new experience. But most importantly you remember how it made you feel.
This course will teach you the Psychology behind Filmmaking. When you complete this course you'll understand how Colour, Sound & Music, Camera Techniques, Location & Set Design, and Lighting can be used to create a more emotional connection with your audience.
Use the camera and equipment you already have. What is taught in this course can be applied to your films instantly and without the need of any extra, or expensive equipment.
Why take this course now?
Filmmaking and Video Production is now one of the most in-demand skills. With more people constantly entering it, it's becoming more competitive, and you need as much knowledge and skill as you can get. Too many people overlook the Psychology aspects of filmmaking and focus too much on equipment and the latest gadgets.
By enrolling in this course you'll gain insight that will help you approach filmmaking in a more knowledgable way and give you an advantage on anyone who hasn't taken time to study these important concepts.
This course gets straight to the point and studies examples of my work and Hollywood films to make sure by the end of the course you'll have a solid understanding of the concepts being taught.
What you'll learn:
- Camera Techniques (Angles, Positions, Movement, POVs, Fourth Wall...)
- Lighting (Hard Light, Soft Light, Brightness, Black & White)
- Colour (Hue & Saturation, Red, Green, Blue...)
- Location and Set Decoration
- Sound (Setting the Mood, Kuleshov Effect, Sound Effects, Score vs Song...)
Get Creative, Have Fun, and Take Risks
With a 30-day 100% money back guarantee, there is no risk!. Enroll now to take your filmmaking to the next level and create more engaging films.
See you in the classroom.
Who this course is for:
- New and Experienced Filmmakers
- Film Editors / Art Directors
- Film Students
- Directors / Cinematographers
- Sound Designers
- YouTube / Instagram / Social Media Content Creators
After graduating from film school in 2009 I dove straight into the Toronto film industry Directing and Producing a variety of projects such as music videos and short films that have screened at festivals such as Tribeca and Toronto International Shorts. In between projects I also work on big budget film and television such as Suicide Squad and The Boys.
When not on set I'm on the road working with bands, shooting documentaries, and creating other independent projects. Even while traveling for vacation I can't seem to put my camera down, because when you're passionate about something it becomes second nature.