Influence People with Persuasion Psychology
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Get people to say "yes" more often
- Understand the underlying psychological principles of influence
- Develop your own strategies to influence other people's behavior
- No previous knowledge is necessary to reap the huge benefits you'll get from these principles in this course.
UPDATE: All lessons now come with full English subtitles!
How do you get someone to give you a ride to the airport? How can you get more people to buy your product? How can you get someone to donate money to your charity?
Influencing other people can be next to impossible if you don’t know how. Research in psychology, however, has developed a set of core principles that underlie people’s willingness to say “yes” to a request. In this course, you’ll learn these principles as well as how to apply them in everyday situations. Get ready to skyrocket your influence!
Using the Science of Influence to its Full Potential
Everything in this course is rooted in tested principles of influence, based on decades of rigorous research in psychological science. This isn’t NLP or other forms of folk wisdom—these are actual techniques that have been tested and assessed with solid research methods.
A few of the things we'll cover:
- How giving a gift that nobody wants can actually push people to help you
- How it can be helpful to ask people to do something that you know they’ll say “no” to
- How your birthday can have a more powerful effect on other people than you’d expect
- How adding a single sentence to your request can double the chances that the other person will agree to it.
- ...and way more!
Social influence is a huge part social psychology, and many people have begun to see its applications to the world of business, fundraising, advocacy, and even everyday interactions. In this course, you'll develop the skills needed to influence other people more effectively. You’ll not only learn a bunch of proven influence strategies; you’ll also learn why they work, which will help you develop your own techniques that have yet to be discovered by psychologists.
These tools and techniques apply no matter what your unique goals are. Once you understand the core principles of psychological influence, you'll be ready to get people to do just about anything for you. Whether that’s marketing, saving the environment, or just doing household chores, you'll have what it takes to get the job done.
Don't miss out on the chance to dive straight into the secrets of psychological influence. So enroll now--you'll be glad you did.
- Salespeople who want to increase sales can easily apply these tactics for sales success
- Fundraisers who want to raise more money and increase donations can apply these tactics for those goals
- Managers who want to have more control over their employees can apply these tactics to get the results they want
- Anyone can use these strategies to get what they want and increase their social abilities
Hello and welcome to this exciting course on the psychology of influence. In this quick overview, I'd like to introduce you to the class and give you an idea of what you'll learn and how I'll be presenting the information.
Let's start by understanding the principle of reciprocity. In this lecture, I'll go over the norms of reciprocity and how they can be utilized for powerful influence. I'll show you some scientific evidence of its effectiveness and show you how to think about applying reciprocity to your own influence attempts.
Pre-giving is the most basic reciprocity technique, and it involves a very simple way of gaining compliance through this principle of influence.