Alcohol and Drug Addictions: Psychology - ACCREDITED CERT
What you'll learn
- Have an ability to explain human behaviour related to 'addictions'
- Understand what 'drug' and 'alcohol' symptomatology and treatments are
- Use the knowledge from the course in your current work, study, career
- Add the course accomplishment to your CV / Resume!
- Having an interest (or previous experience) related to 'addictions' and 'psychology'
- Eagerness to learn new topics in psychology, counselling, psychotherapy
- Being able to access internet and Udemy online school
Are you interested in learning about psychology of addictive behaviour? Would you like to help others through your work?
In this course you will take 26 informative lectures where you will learn:
What the signs and symptoms of addiction are
How 'addictions' get diagnosed
What kind of drugs people take (that makes them 'addicted')
What psychological and medical treatments available to people diagnosed with addiction are
The steps to full recovery from addictions
You will also understand:
What 'detoxification treatment' is
Withdrawal from the substance and how it is experienced
What 'overdose' by drugs is and how often it happens
and so much more!
Are you ready to start your learning?
Then I’ll see you in my class!
P.S. This course is now fully accredited by the IAOTH - International Association of Therapists!
P.P.S. At the end of the course you will see the instructions on how to obtain your certificate of completion
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn more about 'addictions'
- Anyone who is interested in human mind and behaviour
- Anyone who wants to understand psychology of 'addictions'
- Students of psychology, counselling, psychotherapy
- Professionals working in caring or mental health settings
My name is Elmira Strange, and I am Motivational Psychologist (MPhil) and Certified Life Coach (Dip). I am passionate about working with students who want to learn about Psychology, Psychotherapy, Counselling, and Coaching.
My previous work involved Research Psychology and Lecturing at University (UK) on the topics of Psychology & Counselling.
The unusual bit: I was born in Northern Kazakhstan (where it's freezing cold in winter -40C and really hot summers +40C), then moved to Moscow, Russia, and finally to London, UK.
The interesting bit: I had life-saving surgery and a near-death experience in 2012. The near-death experience made me realise that we are here to share our knowledge, help each other, and enjoy this life.
My interests: Psychology, Motivation, Self-Development, Therapy
My previous experience: Whilst I was working at University (Wales, UK) as a Senior Researcher and Psychology Lecturer (prior to Udemy), my focus was on 'Researching Stress in Families of Disabled Children' where I had to learn what makes people stressed and unhappy.
Since 2006 I am working as an 'online entrepreneur': writing blogs and books, creating YouTube videos, and teaching Psychology & Self-Development which has become my true passion. In my Udemy courses, I combine my extensive knowledge of 'online entrepreneurship' and my passion for Motivational Psychology, Coaching, and Psychotherapy.