Psychology 1: How Your Perception (Really) Works
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand how we perceive and how our brain constructs our reality
- Know about the unconscious processes that govern our perception
- Get rid of false assumptions and get ready to really understand the human mind
- Understand how many visual illusions work
- Be able to see the evidence in your everyday life that our brain constructs our reality
- Understand the basic structure of the visual system in the brain
- Interest in psychology and perception
What we see is not the same as what our eyes see.
At every moment, our brain is secretly editing what we see without us noticing it.
This course will uncover how your brain is editing your perception and how you can make this visible.
Learn how your perception really works and experience directly how your brain is constantly manipulating what you see.
What you will learn in this course
First, you will see how exactly your brain is fooling you. Specifically, you will learn…
How your brain puzzles the pieces that your eyes see together
Why the colors we see are not the true colors
How our brain makes us think that we see in 3D although we definitely don’t
Why our eyes cannot see how big something is and how our brain hides this
How our brain edits the form of objects in our eyes
Then you will learn what processes are hidden in our brain…
Conscious and unconscious perception
How perception and memory work together to construct your reality
Learn what exactly your brain is doing unconsciously and catch the brain in the act of editing what you see again and again during this course.
When I was a psychology student, perception did not seem very interesting to me.
Now it’s one of my absolute favorite topics.
The reason is simply that there is so much going on in our perception that we are not aware of and it is so easy to make those things visible.
Once you know where to look, you can see it everywhere.
And this makes learning about our perception so interesting and enriching: you will never see the world the same way again.
In my experience, especially the people who think that they are not interested in psychology become interested very quickly once they learn about perception.
So enroll now and find out how your perception really works.
Let me add that I want you to be 100% happy with this course.
If there is ANYTHING you are not satisfied with you can get 100% of your money back.
So why not try it out?
Once you enroll you can start with any lecture and see for yourself what it has in store for you.
And you can ask me any question you have about human perception.
- Everybody who wants to learn how our perception works
- Everybody who is interested in psychology or the human brain
- Beginning psychology or neuroscience students
- People who want an in-depth course to start learning about the human mind
Our perception is not a one-lane street but consists of multiple paths. In this lecture, we look at the early processing stages of our perception.