Master Photoshop Light Effects & Style Your Images
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to add style to images with trendy light effects in Photoshop
- Easy steps to visually evaluate photos and decide on the best enhancement method
- Several pro approaches to perform color correction
- How to adjust contrast, sharpen and add a matte finish to an image
- Ideally Photoshop CC, trial free version is more than enough.
- No prior knowledge of Photoshop is necessary, I will explain all the techniques in a simple way
- We will work with high quality images provided as supplementary materials to help you move on even faster!
Natural light brightens images in the most natural, dreamy way possible, infusing them with a soft, tender look and feel. This hands-on course teaches you how to effortlessly style your photos with subtle but impressive sunlight effects. In step-by-step instructions, I will reveal secrets of my personal workflow. We’ll work with the Photoshop Lens Flare filter, Light Leaks, Adjustment Layers, Blend Modes and more on three different photos to illuminate each image’s predominant visual characteristics with glorious, sun-kissed notes.
Sharpen Your Skills
Style Your Images With The Lens Flare Filter
When you’re on location, it’s pretty much impossible to achieve an optical lens flare. Luckily, Photoshop has a simple way to add drama with a dreamy lens flare effect. Working with a portrait I took in Malta, I’ll show you how to add a lens flare using a new layer and blending modes. You will also learn how to pick the best images to achieve natural looking results.
Master The Hazy, Golden Hour Effect
There’s a reason the time just before sunrise or sunset is called “The Golden Hour”— you hit the jackpot with a magic effect that illuminates your subjects in a glorious halo of light. While you could jump through hoops to take advantage of this gorgeous, dreamy light, you can replicate it in Photoshop. In this course, you’ll learn how to expand your set of creative skills with this soft, nostalgic, easy application of the Golden Hour Effect.
Create Mood With The Vintage Light Leak
One of the hallmarks of retro photography is light leaks, which is what happened decades ago when light seeped into an analogue camera and caused the film to become overexposed. Today this is a sentimental touch you can create in Photoshop that gives your photos a vintage look and feel. Because light leaks vary in shape and color, you can put your own creative spin on them and add a striking “punch” to your images. In this course, you’ll discover how to add a colored lomo or leaked light effect to your images to enhance mood and enrich them with a retro vibe.
- Take this course if you want to learn in detail powerful and flexible Photoshop techniques to improve your photos
- Take this course if you are curious about techniques behind striking portraits
- Take this course if you are an artist and would like to introduce digital techniques in your creative process
- Take this course if you want to learn how to create digital artwork that sells well on image stocks like Sutterstock, iStock, Alamy and others
- Take this course if you want to develop artistic skills in fields of creative photo processing
- Take this course if you love photography!