Propaganda Analysis - How not to get 'Influenced' ?
- Log into Your Udemy account and you are good to go.
This Course is based on primarily, the Institute for Propaganda Analysis and the book Manufacturing Consent.
Institute For Propaganda Analysis was an Organization in USA, the first section explains what Propaganda is as defined by IPA and also the various devices IPA called out.
The second section will take you through the findings and model as described by Mr. Edward S. Herman and Mr. Noam Chomsky in their book Manufacturing Consent- The Political Economy of the Mass Media. In this section we will see the Propaganda Model and its filters.
Note - Whatever I have compiled in this course is readily available on the internet.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to understand how you are manipulated and made a part of Propaganda by Political, Social,Religious groups by playing upon your emotions.
- 02:15All about IPA
- 01:27Name Calling - What it is?
- 01:46Name Calling - Examples
- 01:10Name Calling - Calling Out
- 01:32Glittering Generalities - What it is?
- 00:47Glittering Generalities - Examples
- 01:24Glittering Generalities - Calling Out
- 00:56Transfer - What it is?
- 00:53Transfer - Examples
- 00:47Transfer - Calling Out
- 01:01Testimonial - What it is?
- 01:15Testimonial - Example and Calling Out
- 01:02Plain Folks - What it is ?
- 01:18Plain Folks - Examples and Calling Out
- 01:08Card Stacking - What it is?
- 01:58Card Stacking - Examples and Calling Out
- 01:32Bandwagon -What it is and Calling Out
- 1 questionPropaganda Devices
Hello, I am Don Quixote masquerading as Ayush, Jack of all trades, Master of None.
I am a Web Developer working at an IT firm in India. But, my primary skills are not in development but in something I don't have a name for (Or at least I don't know yet.) . I am deeply involved in Politics and like to be aware about things happening around me which as a citizen of my country affects me and my country. Reading NEWS and all sort of information floating around always is my Super Power.
In my quest to know everything about Politics in India, I came across several instances of the various Propaganda tricks played out by Political Parties in my country. The most important one was the case of Fake NEWS. I started to find NEWS that was false and put it on my website. As I read and read further, I came to know how Fake NEWS is just a medium of spreading Propaganda. The real issue is to educate people on how propaganda works and is spread and how we can stop getting fooled because of this. To make people Think, Act and Civilize.