Proofreading Essentials with US and UK English Differences
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will have gained fundamental proofreading skills.
- Be able to appreciate the differences between US and UK English.
- Have several reference documents for use when proofreading/
- A good working knowledge of English spelling and grammar.
This course is for those who have already have a good understanding of English and want to learn some of the basic essentials for proofreading. Particular emphasis is placed on understanding the differences between American and British English. This goes beyond some variations in spelling but also in how some words are used and the different names things are sometimes called. Not understanding the difference between these two styles sometimes leads to misunderstanding, confusion and even embarrassment.
- Anyone who wants to develop proofreading skills.
- Anyone who wants to eliminate mistakes in their written communications.
- Anyone who writes for or posts on the internet.
- Anyone who communicates with those who use a different style (US or UK) of English.
Advice regarding proofreading a document on a computer or other wordproccessor.
Words that are often contracted by using an apostrophe and how to use them.